Second Sight Medical (EYES) Reports CMS Proposed Rate of Approximately $150,000 for Argus II
- Wall Street rallies as Fed minutes meet expectations
- NVIDIA Shares Drop 6% on Disappointing Guidance, While Q1 Earnings Beat
- Apple (AAPL) Reportedly Behind Schedule in Development of the New iPhone, Analyst Cuts Price Target on Risk to June Quarter iPhone Revenue
- Oil edges higher on tight supply, rising U.S. refining activity
- After-Hours Stock Movers 05/25: NVIDIA, Snowflake Sink on Weaker Guidance; Williams-Sonoma Surges on Strong Numbers (more...)
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Second Sight Medical (NASDAQ: EYES) disclosed in an SEC filing:
On July 6, 2016, the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) posted the proposed rules for the 2017 Medicare Hospital Outpatient Prospective Payment System, establishing a proposed Medicare hospital outpatient rate for calendar year 2017 of approximately $150,000 for Argus II and the associated surgical implantation procedure. After hearing comments from various stakeholders, including hospitals providing the service, learning more about the Argus II procedure, and reviewing the 2015 hospital claims data, CMS has proposed reassigning CPT 0100T from APC 1599, with a 2016 Medicare payment rate of $95,000, and creating a New Technology APC 1906 with a proposed CY2017 payment rate of approximately $150,000. The proposed hospital outpatient APC rate would include both the Argus II, reported with HCPCS code C1841, and the surgical implantation procedure, reported with CPT code 0100T.
This proposed rule affects Medicare payment to the hospitals that are paid under the Medicare Outpatient Prospective Payment System and Ambulatory Surgical Center (ASC) Payment System. It does not directly alter payment from Medicare Advantage, private U.S. health insurance and non-U.S. business. This is a proposed rule published for public comment. No assurance can be made that the final rule will not differ substantially from the proposed rule.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Geovax Labs Inc. (GOVX) Prices $20M Direct and PIPE Offerings at $1.65/sh
- Bit Origin Limited (BTOG) to Invest in Operator of a Cryptocurrency Mining Site in Macon, Georgia
- Beyond Meat (BYND) Announces Kim Kardashian Will be Featured as Chief Taste Consultant in Company's New Campaign
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Hot Corp. News, Momentum Movers
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!