Sangamo Therapeutics (SGMO) SVP and CTO Michael Holmes to Resign
- Nasdaq closes up on tech stocks strength, as hawkish Fed limits S&P
- Dollar surges to two-month high on Fed rate-hike projection
- BofA Fund Manager Survey: 72% Says Inflation 'Transitory', 63% Expect Fed to Signal Taper Aug/Sept, 'Long Commodities' Now the Most Crowded Trade
- Oil falls from multi-year highs on firmer dollar, hike in UK COVID cases
- People Are Spending More Time Outdoors, Which Will Hurt Netflix (NFLX) This Quarter - KeyBanc
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Sangamo Therapeutics, Inc. (Nasdaq: SGMO) today announced that Michael Holmes, Ph.D., Senior Vice President and Chief Technology Officer, will resign from the Company effective July 20th to pursue an opportunity with a startup biotech company. Edward Rebar, Ph.D., has been named Senior Vice President and Chief Technology Officer, effective immediately.
"We wish Michael well in his new endeavor," said Sandy Macrae, CEO of Sangamo. "We are grateful for his contributions to Sangamo over the years and are excited for him as he pursues this ground-floor opportunity at a biotech startup."
Dr. Holmes joined Sangamo in 2001 as a senior scientist and over the years has been promoted to lead many of Sangamo's research programs. Along with Dr. Rebar and other Sangamo scientists, Dr. Holmes made important contributions to the development of zinc finger proteins for therapeutic, research and agricultural applications. He was named Chief Technology Officer earlier in 2018.
Dr. Rebar joined Sangamo in 1998, and over the last 20 years he has led the development of the Company's zinc finger protein platform. He has authored over 60 publications relating to the development of customized DNA binding proteins and nucleases for genome editing. Prior to joining Sangamo, he was a post-doctoral fellow at the University of California, Berkeley. Dr. Rebar earned his B.S. in Biochemistry from Rutgers University and his Ph.D. in Biophysics and Structural Biology from MIT.
"I'm very pleased to announce Ed Rebar's promotion to Chief Technology Officer," Macrae said. "During his tenure at Sangamo, Ed has led the development and optimization of our core zinc finger technology. In the field of genome editing he is recognized as a leader and a strong voice for setting very high standards for editing technology being developed for therapeutic use."
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- RumbleOn Inc. (RMBL) Appoints Peter Levy, the Company’s Chief Operating Officer, to its Board of Directors
- iMedia Brands (IMBI) Appoints Monty Wageman as Chief Financial Officer
- Medical Marijuana, Inc. (MJNA) Names Blake Schroeder as its new CEO
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Changes, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!