SIGA Technologies (SIGA) Announces Health Canada Regulatory Approval of Oral TPOXX
- S&P 500, Nasdaq post worst weeks since pandemic start as Netflix woes deepen slide
- Netflix (NFLX) Stock Plummets on Weak Guidance to Prompt Several Downgrades to Neutral
- Peloton (PTON) Shares Recover Some Losses in Pre Market After Sharing Preliminary FQ2 Results, Stifel Upgrades to Buy as 'Stock Has Over Corrected'
- Bitcoin (BTC) Price Plunges 6% to Hit 5-Month Lows
- Dollar dips with U.S. Treasury yields but still up for week; bitcoin falls
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 1-week free trial here.
SIGA Technologies, Inc. (SIGA) (NASDAQ: SIGA), a commercial-stage pharmaceutical company focused on the health security market, today announced that Health Canada has approved oral TPOXX® (tecovirimat) as an extraordinary use new drug. Specifically, Health Canada has authorized the use of oral TPOXX for the treatment of human smallpox disease in adults and pediatric patients weighing at least 13 kg.
“This is an important milestone in our partnership with the Canadian Department of National Defence (DND) that provided support to SIGA for the submission and regulatory review of its application. The approval ensures that we can continue to supply oral TPOXX to both the DND and the Public Health Agency of Canada (PHAC) for stockpiling as a key countermeasure,” said Dr. Phil Gomez, CEO of SIGA Technologies.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- AbbVie (ABBV) Announces U.S. FDA Approves Second Indication for SKYRIZI to Treat Adults with Active Psoriatic Arthritis
- General Motors (GM) to invest $6.5 billion at two Michigan sites for EV, battery production - Detroit News
- Elanco's (ELAN) ZORBIUM Approved in the US
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, FDA
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!