S&P Global (SPGI) Tops Q4 EPS by 10c, Revenues Beat; Offers FY20 EPS Mid-Point Guidance Above Consensus
- Dow leads the way in broad Wall Street rally
- Amazon (AMZN) in Talks to Acquire Stake in Self-Driving Truck Startup Plus: Report
- Dollar dips after Fed rally, Bitcoin slumps
- 5 Companies Set to Hike Their Dividend Over the Next Few Weeks, 3 Dividend Aristocrats
- Oil rallies on weaker dollar and Iran supply uncertainty
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI) reported Q4 EPS of $2.53, $0.10 better than the analyst estimate of $2.43. Revenue for the quarter came in at $1.74 billion versus the consensus estimate of $1.7 billion.
"During 2019, we successfully launched several new products, advanced numerous automation and productivity projects, and through a handful of acquisitions added unique new data sets, products, and services," said Douglas L. Peterson, President and Chief Executive Officer of S&P Global. He added, "While we are pleased with these accomplishments, there is much more to achieve. Again in 2020, we will invest in initiatives to advance our technology, create innovative new products, and expand globally. Much of the funding for these investments will be delivered through productivity and automation projects. With the capabilities we have, and those that we are building, we are even better positioned to provide the intelligence essential to advance progress."
S&P Global sees FY2020 EPS of $10.40-$10.60, versus the consensus of $10.48.
- The Company is introducing 2020 guidance with reported revenue expected to increase mid to high single-digits.
- On a U.S. GAAP basis, diluted EPS is expected to be in the range of $10.00 to $10.20 and adjusted diluted EPS is expected to be in the range of $10.40 to $10.60.
- Adjusted diluted EPS excludes amortization of intangibles related to acquisitions and Kensho retention plans.
- Free cash flow excluding certain items is expected to be in a range of $2.6 billion to $2.7 billion.
For earnings history and earnings-related data on S&P Global (SPGI) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Everi Holdings (EVRI) Announces Expected 2021 Second Quarter Results In Connection With Plan To Refinance Outstanding Debt
- Adobe (ADBE) Edges Higher After Topping Q2 Estimates, Analysts Raise PT on 'Impressive' Performance
- Ocean Power Technologies (OPTT) Board appoints Philipp Stratmann as its new President and Chief Executive Officer
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Earnings, Guidance, Hot Guidance, Management Comments
Related EntitiesStandard & Poor's, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!