Romeo Power, Inc. (RMO) Signs Supply Agreement with LG To Supply Lithium-Ion Batteries Through 2028
- S&P, Nasdaq enjoy boost from big tech firms, Dow ends a hair lower
- Zillow (ZG) Stock Falls on Report Company Paused Home Purchases due to High Demand, a Temporary Halt Yields a Chance for Competitors Says Analyst
- Oil prices pull back as U.S. factory data intensifies demand concerns
- Chip Shortages are Increasingly Becoming a New Bearish Risk, Inflation Bearish for Consumer Electronics - TFI's Kuo
- Walt Disney (DIS) Stock Slips as Barclays Downgrades Amid Disney+ Growth Slowdown
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Romeo Power, Inc. (“Romeo Power”) (NYSE: RMO), an energy technology leader delivering advanced electrification solutions for complex commercial vehicle applications, has entered into a long-term supply agreement for lithium-ion battery cells with LG Energy Solution, Ltd. ("LG Energy"), a Tier 1 battery cell and materials manufacturer.
Under the long-term supply agreement, LG Energy has committed to supplying cells to Romeo Power that equal 8GWh of energy through 2028. Romeo Power expects to use the allocated cells to manufacture battery packs for approximately 29,000 electric vehicles sold or operated by its customers.
Romeo Power will facilitate LG Energy’s build of an additional assembly line in Ochang, Korea through a recoupable pre-payment of $64.7 million. The agreement was approved by both Boards of Directors and became effective on August 10, 2021.
“With the rapidly increasing demand for battery cells within the e-mobility space, this partnership with LG Energy is a major milestone that puts Romeo Power in a strong position to support our current and future customers,” said Robert Mancini, Chairman of Romeo Power's Board of Directors. “The high energy density, quality and impressive power output of LG Energy’s cells make them the perfect match for Romeo Power's range of high-performance battery-electric solutions for complex commercial applications.”
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Toll Brothers (TOL) Appoints Scott D. Stowell to its Board
- Dominion Energy Virginia (D), SCC Staff, Office of Attorney General, and Other Parties File Comprehensive Rate Settlement Agreement
- DLocal Limited (DLO) Announces Proposed 16M Share Secondary Offering
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!