Ritchie Bros. Auctioneers (RBA) Misses Q4 EPS by 7c
- S&P 500, Dow climb for third day and close at records
- Tesla (TSLA) China Numbers 'Robust' - Wedbush
- Apple (AAPL) Shares Seen as 'Attractive' as Recent Checks Show Continuously Strong Demand - Citi
- Investors Poured More Money Into Stocks in Past 5 Months Than Last 12 Years, Says BofA, Analysts Worried About Stretched Valuations
- Amazon.com warehouse workers vote to reject forming union in Alabama
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Ritchie Bros. Auctioneers (NYSE: RBA) reported Q4 EPS of $0.49, $0.07 worse than the analyst estimate of $0.56. Revenue for the quarter came in at $383.4 million versus the consensus estimate of $384.18 million.
- Total revenue in Q4 2020 increased 15% to $383.4 million as compared to Q4 2019
- Service revenue in Q4 2020 increased 6% to $231.7 million as compared to Q4 2019
- Inventory sales revenue in Q4 2020 increased 33% to $151.8 million as compared to Q4 2019
- Total selling, general and administrative expenses ("SG&A") in Q4 2020 increased 13% to $108.3 million as compared to Q4 2019
- Operating income in Q4 2020 increased 2% to $72.9 million as compared to Q4 2019
- Adjusted operating income*(non-GAAP measures) in Q4 2020 increased 16% to $78.1 million as compared to Q4 2019
- Net income in Q4 2020 decreased 5% to $48.9 million as compared to Q4 2019
- Adjusted Earnings Before Interest, Taxes, Depreciation and Amortization* ("EBITDA") (non-GAAP measure) in Q4 2020 increased 12% to $98.5 million as compared to Q4 2019
- Cash provided by operating activities was $257.9 million for 2020
"We delivered a solid fourth quarter with a 5% increase in GTV contributing to an 18% growth in operating income for the full year."
"2020 was an unprecedented year as the COVID-19 pandemic had a devastating impact on public health while creating global economic uncertainty. I am proud of the technology driven innovations our teams implemented to help customers leverage our Omni-channel platform while keeping our health protocols a top priority," said Ann Fandozzi, CEO of Ritchie Bros.
Fandozzi concluded "Uncertainty in the fourth quarter, driven by new COVID shut-downs and turbulent US election, resulted in consigners taking a wait and see approach. We continue to focus on things that drive long term value: innovating and leveraging technology to enhance customer experience, optimizing operating cost and driving execution against our strategic pillars."
For earnings history and earnings-related data on Ritchie Bros. Auctioneers (RBA) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Mizuho Securities Starts Ameren Corp (AEE) at Neutral (correction)
- Sanofi (SNY) Acquires Tidal Therapeutics for $160M Upfront and Up to $310M in Milestones
- Ritchie Bros. Inspection Services completes 600,000+ equipment and truck inspections in 2020
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Earnings, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!