Richardson Electronics (RELL) Sells PACS Display Business
- Wall Street closes lower as Fed officials project rate hikes for 2023
- Fed maintains federal funds rate at 0 to 1/4 percent (Full Statement)
- Oracle (ORCL) Tops Profit and Sales Views But Stock Falls on Guidance Miss, Analysts Still Raise PTs
- General Motors (GM) to Boost EV and AV Investments to $35 Billion Through 2025
- Oil settles near $75, at multi-year highs
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Richardson Electronics, Ltd. (NASDAQ: RELL) today announced the sale of its picture archiving and communication systems (“PACS”) Display business, including the Image Systems brand, to Double Black Imaging.
The Image Systems brand of diagnostic and clinical imaging displays has been recognized as an industry leading display brand for over 25 years. The Image Systems product portfolio includes 2MP, 3MP, 5MP, and 6MP color and grayscale displays. Included in the sale is Image Systems proprietary calibration software, known as CFS, which is designed to simplify the conformance and calibration of all Image Systems diagnostic and clinical use displays. This ensures DICOM® compliance and proper calibration throughout their life-cycle.
Double Black Imaging is a well-known, industry leading provider of PACS displays for the diagnostic and clinical display market. Double Black Imaging was launched in July of 2002.The company is privately held by the Lloyd family in Colorado and Minnesota.
“Double Black Imaging shares many of the same values as Richardson Electronics including our objective to help lower healthcare costs. We believe the combination of these two PACS display businesses creates a stronger competitive environment and will be good for our diagnostic display customers. At the same time, this sale allows Richardson Healthcare to focus on its key initiative to expand our line of CT and MRI tubes and high value replacement parts for the diagnostic imaging market,” said Edward J. Richardson, chairman and CEO of Richardson Electronics, Ltd.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Viavi Solutions (VIAV) Announces Proposal to Acquire EXFO (EXFO) at $7.50 per Share
- Aon plc (AON), Willis Towers Watson (WLTW) Issue Statement on U.S. Department of Justice Action
- BRP Group (BRP) to Acquire RogersGray, Inc.
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Comments, Mergers and Acquisitions, Spinoffs
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!