Rexahn (RNN) Enters Pact with Merck (MRK) to Evaluate RX-5902 in combination with KEYTRUDA for Triple Negative Breast Cancer
- S&P 500 flat as telecom weakness offsets strong retail earnings
- Walmart (WMT) Gains After Crushing Estimates, Analysts Bulled Up on 'Strong Q1 Results'
- Home Depot (HD) Leaps After Topping Q1 Estimates, Analyst Positive
- Stride (LRN) Targeted in Potential Takeover by Pearsons (PSO) - Source
- Tesla (TSLA) Stuck as It Can't Deliver 10,000+ Cars From Its Fremont Factory Amid Supply Chain Issues - Report
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Rexahn Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (NYSE American: RNN), a clinical stage biopharmaceutical company developing innovative, targeted therapeutics for the treatment of cancer, today announced that it has entered into a clinical trial collaboration agreement with Merck (known as MSD outside the United States and Canada) to evaluate the combination of Rexahn’s RX-5902 and Merck’s anti-PD-1 therapy, KEYTRUDA® (pembrolizumab) in a Phase 2 trial in patients with metastatic triple negative breast cancer (TNBC).
“Rexahn is excited to announce this collaboration with Merck, an established leader in the field of immuno-oncology,” said Peter D. Suzdak, Ph.D., chief executive officer of Rexahn. “RX-5902 has both antitumor and immune-modulatory effects and augments the efficacy of checkpoint inhibitors in animal models. Based on the mechanism of action of RX-5902 and our observations in preclinical studies, we are optimistic that the combination of RX-5902 with KEYTRUDA may provide meaningful clinical benefit in patients with metastatic triple negative breast cancer – a cancer that is notoriously difficult to treat”.
The study will evaluate the safety and efficacy of the combination of RX-5902 and KEYTRUDA in patients with metastatic TNBC who have progressed following at least one prior treatment. Under the terms of the agreement, Rexahn will sponsor the RX-5902 and KEYTRUDA study.
KEYTRUDA® is a registered trademark of Merck Sharp & Dohme Corp., a subsidiary of Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, NJ, USA.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Metacrine (MTCR) Reports Target Patient Enrollment Achieved for MET642 Phase 2a Trial Interim Analysis
- Covetrus (CVET) Names Paul Fonteyne to Board
- Square (SQ) Launches Integrated, Omnichannel Solutions for Businesses in Ireland
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, FDA, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!