Regions Financial (RF) Tops Q1 EPS by 16c, Revenues Beat
- Tech pulls Nasdaq, S&P 500 down as Treasury yields rise
- Merck (MRK) Said to Be Unidentified Suitor for Acceleron Pharma (XLRN), Not Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) - Report
- EV Company Polestar To Go Public Via $20 Billion SPAC Deal
- Amazon (AMZN) Price Target Lowered at Morgan Stanley Amid Rising Logistics Workforce Costs, Analyst Expects Stock to be Range Bound in Near Term
- Oil up on tight supply, Brent crude nears $80 a barrel
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Regions Financial (NYSE: RF) reported Q1 EPS of $0.63, $0.16 better than the analyst estimate of $0.47. Revenue for the quarter came in at $1.61 billion versus the consensus estimate of $1.55 billion.
“Our ability to continue to deliver value in the first quarter is a testament to both the investments we've made as well as our associates' unwavering commitment to our customers and communities. With a 14 percent increase in total revenue compared to the first quarter of 2020, it is clear that our investments are producing solid results,” said John Turner, president and CEO.
"We have remained committed to prudent credit risk management across all our portfolios. The resiliency of our credit metrics reflects our clear and deliberate strategy which includes a focus on client selectivity as we are committed to generating appropriate risk-adjusted returns," Turner added. "We're pleased with the strength of our pipelines and the increase in business activity across industries. We're also encouraged by vaccination rates and rebounding employment across our footprint. While we are all still dealing with the lingering effects of the pandemic, our ongoing conversations with customers reflect optimism about further economic recovery and growth. We'll continue to deepen our relationships with customers by providing personalized solutions and financial guidance combined with technology solutions that make banking easier."
For earnings history and earnings-related data on Regions Financial (RF) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- PyroGenesis (PYR) Signs JV Agreement to Build and Operate Plants to Convert Aluminum Dross Residues into High Value Chemical Products
- Shore Bancshares (SHBI) Receives Regulatory Approvals to Acquire Severn Bancorp, Inc.
- S&W Seed (SANW) Tops Q4 EPS by 4c
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Earnings, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!