ReWalk Robotics (RWLK) Says Italian Workers Compensation Insurer Issues National Coverage Policy for Its Exoskeletons
- Wall Street surges to all-time closing high on earnings, economic revival
- Was Intel's (INTC) Second Quarter a Speedbump or Inflection?
- Twitter (TWTR) Gains After Beating Q2 Estimates, Analysts Raise PTs as Brand Recovery Accelerates
- U.S. dollar on track for second week of gains; Fed meeting in focus
- Snap (SNAP) Surges 17% After Smashing Q2 Views Across the Board to Yield a Dozen Price Target Hikes
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
ReWalk Robotics Ltd. (Nasdaq: RWLK) ("ReWalk" or "the Company"), a leading manufacturer of robotic exoskeletons, today announced that INAIL, the Italian Ministry of Labor and Social Policy's statutory insurance corporation, has put in place a coverage policy that will provide exoskeleton systems for all qualifying beneficiaries. This policy, the first of its kind in Italy, will provide individuals with spinal cord injury access to obtain their own medical device so that they can stand and walk again. Importantly, the INAIL policy is now in effect. Beneficiary claims are expected to begin assessment for coverage immediately. "The INAIL policy is a milestone in the adoption of exoskeleton technology for the people of Italy, and will serve as a precedent in helping many more injured workers around the world gain access to this impactful medical device," said ReWalk CEO Larry Jasinski.
The INAIL policy is one of a series of national coverage announcements from major European national insurers, and follows the decision of the German statutory health insurance body to list the ReWalk 6.0 Exoskeleton System in the German Medical Device Directory. This trend sees insurers moving towards broad policy application for procurement and reimbursement of exoskeletons.
"We are encouraged by the series of similar decisions by insurers and other payers, and continue to work diligently with providers worldwide to develop coverage policies for spinal cord injured beneficiaries," Jasinski added.
About ReWalk Robotics Ltd.ReWalk Robotics Ltd. develops, manufactures and markets wearable robotic exoskeletons for individuals with spinal cord injury. Our mission is to fundamentally change the quality of life for individuals with lower limb disability through the creation and development of market leading robotic technologies. Founded in 2001, ReWalk has headquarters in the U.S., Israel and Germany.ReWalk® is a registered trademark of ReWalk Robotics Ltd. in Israel.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Zoom-Backed Events Platform Cvent to Go Public via $5.3 Billion SPAC Deal
- DPCM Capital (XPOA) and Jam City Terminate Business Combination Agreement
- Meridian Bioscience (VIVO) to Acquire Urea Breath Test for H. pylori from Otsuka America Pharmaceutical, Inc.
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Comments
Related EntitiesS3, Definitive Agreement, IPO, FDA
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!