Rafael Holdings (RFL) Announces CPI-613 Did Not Meet Primary Endpoints in Phase 3 Trial
- Dow leads Wall Street higher with 2% gain; cyclicals in vanguard
- Kohl's (KSS) Stock Tick Higher as Activist Investor Engine Capital Urges Board to Consider Sale
- Bitcoin (BTC) Price Remains Below $50,000 After Weekend Selloff, Analyst Expects a 'Hard Month'
- EV Rivian (RIVN) Shares Dip as Street Starts New Coverage With Mixed Ratings, Goldman Sachs and JPMorgan Initiate at Neutral Citing Lofty Valuation
- Dollar up against safe havens as risk sentiment improves on Omicron news
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Rafael Holdings, Inc., (NYSE: RFL), a holding company focused on developing novel cancer metabolism therapeutics through its Barer Institute, investment in Rafael Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (“Rafael Pharmaceuticals”) as well as other investments in early-stage ventures, today announced that the AVENGER 500 Phase 3 clinical trial for CPI-613® (devimistat), Rafael Pharmaceuticals’ lead product candidate, did not meet its primary endpoint of significant improvement in overall survival in patients with metastatic adenocarcinoma of the pancreas.
In this multi-national Phase 3 randomized clinical trial, 528 patients with metastatic adenocarcinoma of the pancreas who had no prior therapy were randomized to receive either devimistat in combination with modified FOLFIRINOX (mFFX) in the treatment arm or FOLFIRINOX (FFX) alone in the control arm. Devimistat given with mFFX did not significantly improve overall survival (HR=0.95, p=0.66) compared to FFX alone. The median overall survival in the treatment arm was 11.1 months, compared to 11.7 months in the control arm.
Devimistat is also being evaluated in a multi-national Phase 3 randomized clinical trial, ARMADA 2000, in patients with relapsed or refractory acute myeloid leukemia (AML). Following a pre-specified interim analysis, the independent data monitoring committee has recommended the trial be stopped due to lack of efficacy.
“We are disappointed by the results of these two Phase 3 clinical trials with devimistat. We plan to work in collaboration with Rafael Pharmaceuticals to further evaluate the data,” said Ameet Mallik, CEO, Rafael Holdings, Inc. “We would like to thank the patients, families, and investigators for their participation in the AVENGER 500 and ARMADA 2000 trials.”
Conference Call Information:
Date: Thursday, October 28, 2021
Time: 8:00 a.m. ET
Domestic Dial-in Number: (800) 547-0089
International Dial-in Number: (214) 989-7192
Conference ID: 4670624
Live Webcast: accessible from the Company's website at https://rafaelholdings.com under Events and Presentations or with this link: https://edge.media-server.com/mmc/p/izzdnghf.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Acadia Pharma (ACAD) Reports Positive Top-line Results from the Pivotal Phase 3 Lavender Trial of Trofinetide in Rett Syndrome
- Blueprint Medicines (BPMC) Announces Publication of Results from Two Registration Studies of AYVAKIT Showing Sustained Benefits in Patients with Advanced Systemic Mastocytosis
- Sorrento Therapeutics (SRNE) Receives Orders of COVISTIX for Commercial Launch in Brazil
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, FDA, Hot FDA News
Related EntitiesDefinitive Agreement, FDA
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!