RXI Pharma (RXII) Receives Two USPTO Notices of Allowance
- Wall Street ends higher, notches weekly gains as Fed meeting looms
- Intel pares losses but sheds $9 billion in value on dire outlook, dividend concerns
- Analysts rush to cut Intel (INTC) price targets following weaker than expected Q1 guidance
- Lucid Group (LCID) doubles on Saudi rumors
RXI Pharma (Nasdaq: RXII) announced that it received two Notices of Allowance from the United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO). One is on RXi's novel, self-delivering RNAi platform (sd‑rxRNA®). The patent, titled "Reduced Size Self-Delivering RNAi Compounds," covers both the composition and methods of use of RXi's self-delivering platform. The patent, once issued, will be scheduled to expire in 2031.
Importantly, this patent expands the scope of RXi's self-delivering RNAi platform with the incorporation of novel oligonucleotide chemical modifications. These chemical modifications result in improved biodistribution following systemic administration and may be beneficial for local delivery applications in the central nervous system.
In addition, RXi announced that it has also received a Notice of Allowance from the USPTO covering the composition and methods of use for rxRNAori® compounds targeting Mitogen-activated protein kinase kinase kinase kinase 4 (MAP4K4). These compounds may be beneficial for the treatment of inflammatory diseases and/or metabolic diseases. RXi's rxRNAori platform are highly potent RNAi compounds which require delivery vehicles to be taken up by cells and tissues of interest. The patent, once issued, will be scheduled to expire in 2029.
"We are pleased to receive both of these Notices of Allowance from the USPTO, which further broaden and protect the Company's already robust patent estate." said Dr. Geert Cauwenbergh, President and CEO of RXi Pharmaceuticals. He further added, "RXi's intellectual property portfolio is a highly valuable corporate asset that provides substantial protection for our novel technology platform and offers numerous product and business development opportunities."
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Salesforce (CRM) names three new independent directors amidst pressure from activist investors
- Salesforce (CRM) Announces Appointment of Three New Independent Directors, Including ValueAct's Mason Morfit
- CBL Properties (CBL) Announces the Resignation of Kaj Vazales From Its Board of Directors
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Litigation, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!