RPC Inc (RES) Tops Q4 EPS by 5c, Revenues Beat
- U.S. stocks close down on news of Biden tax proposal
- Biden To Propose Capital Gains Tax As High As 43.4% For Wealthy - Bloomberg
- Intel (INTC) Tops Q1 EPS by 24c, Offers Guidance
- Snap (SNAP) Tops Q1 EPS by 5c, DAUs were 280 million, Offers Guidance
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
RPC Inc (NYSE: RES) reported Q4 EPS of ($0.03), $0.05 better than the analyst estimate of ($0.08). Revenue for the quarter came in at $148.6 million versus the consensus estimate of $120.79 million.
- For the quarter ended December 31, 2020, revenues were $148.6 million, a decrease of 37.0 percent compared to $236.0 million in the fourth quarter of 2019.
- Operating loss for the fourth quarter of 2020 was $21.6 million compared to an operating loss of $27.9 million in the same period of the prior year.
- Adjusted operating loss for the fourth quarter of 2020 was $11.3 million compared to an adjusted operating loss of $17.3 million in the same period of the prior year.1
- Net loss for the fourth quarter of 2020 was $10.2 million, or $0.05 loss per share, compared to a net loss of $23.4 million, or $0.11 loss per share, in the fourth quarter of 2019.
- Adjusted net loss for the fourth quarter of 2020 was $6.8 million, or $0.03 adjusted loss per share, compared to an adjusted net loss of $13.9 million, or $0.07 adjusted loss per share, in the fourth quarter of 2019.
- Earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortization (EBITDA) for the fourth quarter of 2020 was negative $2.5 million, compared to EBITDA of $12.6 million in the same period of the prior year.
- Adjusted EBITDA for the fourth quarter of 2020 was $7.8 million compared to adjusted EBITDA of $23.2 million in the same period of the prior year.
"Our fourth quarter activity levels improved sequentially for the first time since 2016, consistent with several key oilfield metrics," stated Richard A. Hubbell, RPC's President and Chief Executive Officer. "The holiday slowdown this year was less pronounced as customers emphasized completing drilled but uncompleted wells before the end of the year.
"As 2021 begins, we have greater visibility into near term activity levels than in the recent past and expect activity levels to continue to improve as the year progresses. Yet, we remain cautious with respect to capital expenditures until financial returns improve. Our operating plans for 2021 include low capital spending, continued expense management, and improved profitability. We finished the year with $84.5 million in cash, an increase of $34.5 million compared to $50.0 million at the end of the prior year," concluded Hubbell.
For earnings history and earnings-related data on RPC Inc (RES) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- SVB Financial Group (SIVB) Tops Q1 EPS by $3.56
- Socket Mobile (SCKT) Reports Q1 EPS of $0.03, Revenues Beat
- UPDATE: FirstEnergy (FE) Tops Q1 EPS by 1c, Offers Q2 and FY Guidance