Quidel Corp (QDEL) Signs Retail Distribution Agreement to Increase Access to At-Home COVID-19 Testing
- Wall Street ends volatile week sharply higher
- AT&T (T) in Talks to Merge Media Assets with Discovery (DISCA) - WSJ
- Disney (DIS) Dips As Streaming Business Shows Signs of Slowing Down, Analysts 'Very Bullish' on LT Opportunity
- Airbnb (ABNB) Bookings Up 52% to Help Sales Beat, Seen as a 'Blow Out Quarter' as More Upside is Left
- DoorDash (DASH) Reports Bigger Loss and a Sales Beat, Shares Soars on Strong Guidance and Two Upgrades to 'Buy'
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 1-week free trial here.
Quidel Corporation (NASDAQ: QDEL) (“Quidel”), a leading provider of rapid diagnostic testing solutions, cellular-based virology assays and molecular diagnostic systems, announced today that it has completed a distribution and fulfillment agreement with McKesson Corporation, a global leader in healthcare supply chain management solutions and retail pharmacy, to expedite consumer access to Quidel’s non-prescription QuickVue® At-Home OTC COVID-19 Test.
The agreement with distribution leader McKesson will enable Quidel to continue to supply existing customers in the professional segment and also reach significant new markets as the company introduces its new over-the-counter COVID-19 antigen product for retail markets and testing for reopening schools, and for health departments, employers, entertainment centers, and many other locations. McKesson will be Quidel’s lead commercial partner in fulfilling QuickVue® At-Home OTC COVID-19 rapid antigen test orders to individuals and businesses with the following support:
- Access to multiple retailers, where McKesson will accelerate our product roll-out strategy.
- Availability to McKesson’s Health Mart franchise, allowing Quidel access to a network of over 5,000 independent pharmacies.
- E-commerce support; ability to rapidly introduce products across multiple e-commerce sites, such as Amazon, eBay, and Simply Medical, McKesson’s home health e-commerce site.
“We are pleased to partner with McKesson, expecting to leverage McKesson’s ability to sell and distribute QuickVue through online channels like Amazon, WalMart.com, and through retail pharmacies, including their network of independent Health Mart pharmacies, grocery outlets, as well as health systems and other medical providers,” said Douglas Bryant, president and CEO of Quidel Corporation. “This distribution agreement is intended to expedite broad availability of our QuickVue® At-Home OTC COVID-19 Test for families, schools and businesses and help Quidel meet our goal of democratizing access to affordable antigen testing. We are proud that the combined strength of our two companies working in partnership can truly advance individual and public health.”
The QuickVue® At-Home OTC COVID-19 Test received Emergency Use Authorization (EUA) from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) in March. The QuickVue® At-Home OTC COVID-19 Test allows consumers to easily perform the test themselves without a doctor’s prescription and get highly accurate results in 10 minutes or less from nasal swab samples. The QuickVue® At-Home OTC COVID-19 Test shows excellent performance, with positive results agreeing with PCR 83.5% of the time, and negative results agreeing 99.2% of the time, delivering confidence to individuals running the test and helping to prevent asymptomatic virus spread.
Shipping of the QuickVue® At-Home OTC COVID-19 Test is expected to begin early next week, and it will be available from McKesson and its customer outlets soon thereafter.
The QuickVue® At-Home OTC COVID-19 Test is only for use under the Food and Drug Administration’s Emergency Use Authorization. The QuickVue® At-Home OTC COVID-19 Test has not been FDA cleared or approved. The test has been authorized only for the detection of proteins from SARS-CoV-2, not for any other viruses or pathogens, and is only authorized for the duration of the declaration that circumstances exist justifying the authorization of emergency use of in vitro diagnostic tests for detection and/or diagnosis of COVID-19 under Section 564(b)(1) of the Federal Food, Drug and Cosmetic Act, 21 U.S.C. § 360bbb-3(b)(1), unless the declaration is terminated or authorization is revoked sooner.
Visit www.quickvueathome.com for more information.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Rigel Pharma (RIGL) Names Alison L. Hannah, M.D. to Board
- Aeterna Zentaris (AEZS) Begins Pivotal Phase 3 DETECT-Trial for Diagnosis of Childhood-Onset Growth Hormone Deficiency
- Spectrum Pharma (SPPI) Tops Q1 EPS by 6c
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News
Related EntitiesDefinitive Agreement, FDA
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!