Protagonist Therapeutics (PTGX) Selects Oral Peptide PN-235 into Phase 2 Clinical Development Program for Multiple Indications
- Wall Street drops as bargain-hunting loses steam
- Netflix (NFLX) Stock Tanks 19% on Paid Net Additions Miss & Lower Guidance
- Peloton (PTON) Warns for Q2 But Stock Rallies After-Hours as Worst Case Avoided
- Morgan Stanley Sees Apple (AAPL) Beating December Quarter Views But Says Upside Largely Priced In
- Ford (F) Stock Extends Losses in Pre Market as Jefferies Downgrades to Hold, Analyst Says Stock is 'Missing a New Angle'
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Protagonist Therapeutics (Nasdaq: PTGX) today announced the selection of PN-235 (JNJ-77242113) as the final candidate for all clinical studies in multiple indications based on intervention of the Interleukin-23 (IL-23) pathway, under the Company's collaboration with Janssen Biotech, Inc. (Janssen). In addition to the previously announced Phase 2 clinical study of PN-235 in psoriasis, new Phase 2 clinical studies of PN-235 in inflammatory bowel diseases (IBD) are expected to commence in late 2022. Further development of PN-232 (JNJ-7510586) will be discontinued in favor of PN-235 based on its superior potency, and overall pharmacokinetic and pharmacodynamic profile.
"We are delighted to see PN-235 emerge as the clear focal point going forward, after over four-plus years of a highly productive and ongoing collaboration with Janssen," said Dinesh V. Patel, PhD, President and CEO of Protagonist. "We look forward to exploring the full potential of a highly differentiated, oral targeted therapy like PN-235, thereby potentially addressing persistent unmet needs of patients with immune-mediated diseases like psoriasis and IBD."
Protagonist will earn a $25 million milestone in connection with the initiation of the first Phase 2 study of PN-235 in psoriasis in early 2022. Protagonist is also eligible for a $10 million milestone in connection with the start of the second indication-based Phase 2 study. Protagonist is eligible for up to approximately $900 million in development-related milestone payments, in addition to the $87.5M in milestones already earned. Under the terms of the collaboration, Janssen will conduct all future clinical studies, including these anticipated Phase 2 studies, and will be solely financially responsible for any such studies.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Regulus Therapeutics (RGLS) Announces Successful Completion of Pre-IND Meeting with FDA for RGLS8429
- Playa Hotels & Resorts (PLYA) Reports Prelim Q4 Operating Stats
- MVB Financial (MVBF) Appoints Dan Holt to its Board
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, FDA
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!