Proofpoint (PFPT) Stockholders Approve Acquisition by Thoma Bravo
- Dow, S&P 500 end with gains up after bumpy week, but Nike drags
- Over $100 Billion Wiped Off: Bitcoin (BTC) Price Falls As China's Central Bank Vows to Ban Cryptocurrency Trading
- Nike (NKE) Stock Falls On a Revenue Miss and Slashed FY Sales Outlook, Analysts Bullish Despite NT Supply Chain Challenges
- Oil hits highest in almost 3 years as supply tightens
- Here's Why Meredith (MDP) Stock Price Soared 18% in After Hours
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 1-week free trial here.
Proofpoint, Inc. (NASDAQ: PFPT) (the “Company”), a leading cybersecurity and compliance company, today announced that its stockholders voted to approve the acquisition of Proofpoint by Thoma Bravo, a leading software investment firm.
Gary Steele, Chairman and CEO of Proofpoint, said, “On behalf of the Proofpoint Board of Directors, I would like to thank our stockholders for their support of this transaction. Today’s vote represents an important milestone towards becoming a private company, and we look forward to delivering premium cash value to our stockholders once the transaction closes.”
The final voting results will be reported in a Current Report on Form 8-K to be filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission early next week, after certification by Proofpoint’s inspector of elections.
Under the terms of the merger agreement announced on April 26, 2021, Proofpoint shareholders will receive $176.00 in cash for each share of Proofpoint common stock they own. The transaction remains on track to close in the third quarter of 2021, subject to customary closing conditions, including receipt of regulatory approvals. Upon closing of the transaction, Proofpoint’s common stock will no longer be listed on any public market.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Middleby Corp (MIDD) Acquires Imperial Commercial Cooking Equipment
- Procore (PCOR) Acquires Levelset for $500M in Cash and Stock
- Onconova Therapeutics (ONTX) Prices 5M Share Offering at $4.20/sh
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Mergers and Acquisitions
Related EntitiesEarnings, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!