Progress Software Corporation (PRGS) Tops Q1 EPS by 20c, Revenues Beat; Offers FY21 EPS/Revenue Guidance Above Consensus, 2Q EPS/Revenues Views Below Consensus
- S&P 500, Dow climb for third day and close at records
- Tesla (TSLA) China Numbers 'Robust' - Wedbush
- Apple (AAPL) Shares Seen as 'Attractive' as Recent Checks Show Continuously Strong Demand - Citi
- Investors Poured More Money Into Stocks in Past 5 Months Than Last 12 Years, Says BofA, Analysts Worried About Stretched Valuations
- Amazon.com warehouse workers vote to reject forming union in Alabama
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Progress Software Corporation (NASDAQ: PRGS) reported Q1 EPS of $0.95, $0.20 better than the analyst estimate of $0.75. Revenue for the quarter came in at $131.8 million versus the consensus estimate of $121.39 million.
First Quarter 2021 Highlights:
- Revenue of $121.3 million increased 11% year-over-year on an actual currency basis, and 9% on a constant currency basis.
- Non-GAAP revenue of $131.8 million increased 16% on an actual currency basis, and 14% on a constant currency basis.
- Annualized Recurring Revenue (ARR) of $432 million increased 22% year-over-year on a constant currency basis with growth primarily driven by the acquisition of Chef Software.
- Operating margin was 23% and Non-GAAP operating margin was 43%.
- Diluted earnings per share was $0.42 compared to $0.46 in the same quarter last year, a decrease of 9%.
- Non-GAAP diluted earnings per share was $0.95 compared to $0.76 in the same quarter last year, an increase of 25%.
“The first quarter marked an excellent start to 2021 highlighted by better-than-expected growth on both the top and bottom line,” said Yogesh Gupta, CEO at Progress. “Our performance was stronger than expected across virtually all product lines and all of our key metrics. I am especially proud of the continued hard work and dedication of our entire organization and our first quarter results position us well as we continue to execute our total growth strategy.”
Progress Software Corporation sees Q2 2021 EPS of $0.72-$0.74, versus the consensus of $0.78. Progress Software Corporation sees Q2 2021 revenue of $119-123 million, versus the consensus of $124 million.
Progress Software Corporation sees FY2021 EPS of $3.38-$3.42, versus the consensus of $3.25. Progress Software Corporation sees FY2021 revenue of $519-527 million, versus the consensus of $517.6 million.
For earnings history and earnings-related data on Progress Software Corporation (PRGS) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- JinkoSolar (JKS) Misses Q4 EPS by 25c, Revenue Beats, Offers Guidance
- Apogee Enterprises (APOG) Tops Q4 EPS by 7c, Offers Guidance
- Progress Software Announces Upsize and Pricing of Convertible Senior Notes Offering
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Earnings, Guidance, Hot Guidance, Management Comments
Related EntitiesEarnings, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!