Pintec Technology Holdings Ltd. (PT) Announces CEO Wei Wei to Take Medical Leave of Absence
- Wall Street ends sharply lower in broad sell-off
- China Property Titan Evergrande (EGRNF) Collapses to 11-Year Lows, Analysts Wary of Domino Effect
- Apple (AAPL) iPhone 13 Has Strong Start with Positive Mix Skew - JP Morgan
- Oil falls 2% on risk aversion, dollar strength
- Pfizer (PFE), BioNTech (BNTX) Announce Positive Topline Results From Pivotal Trial of COVID-19 Vaccine in Children 5 to 11 Years
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Pintec Technology Holdings Limited (NASDAQ: PT) today announced that its chief executive officer (“CEO”) and the chairman of its board of directors, Mr. Wei Wei, has taken a temporary medical leave of absence. Mr. Wei has resigned from his position as chairman of the board of directors but will remain on the Company’s board of directors during his leave.
Mr. Jun Dong, who has served as the Company’s director since its inception in 2012, has been elected as the new chairman of the board of directors and named as the acting CEO of the Company for the duration of Mr. Wei’s absence. Mr. Dong has resigned from his current CEO position and other management roles at Jimu Group to focus on fulfilling the role and responsibilities of PINTEC’s acting CEO. Mr. Dong will continue to serve as the chairman of Jimu Group’s board of directors.
Mr. Wei stated, “I have full confidence in Mr. Dong’s ability to lead the company in my absence. As a co-founder of PINTEC, Mr. Dong’s in-depth knowledge of our business operations and his extensive industry experience have prepared him well for this interim role. In the coming period, we trust that Mr. Dong and our experienced management team will continue to execute our business strategies and maintain the robust performance that has characterized our work to date in 2019.”
Mr. Dong commented, “On behalf of the board of directors, I would like to wish Mr. Wei a complete and speedy recovery. We look forward to his return to the Company.”
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Broadmark Realty Capital (BRMK) Announces Jeffrey Pyatt to Assume Executive Chairman Role
- Amedisys (AMED) Acquires Home Health Regulatory Assets in Charlotte and Raleigh, N.C.
- Silgan Holdings (SLGN) Acquires Gateway
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Changes, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!