PerkinElmer (PKI) Launches Comprehensive Solutions for Detecting SARS-CoV-2 Mutations
- S&P 500, Dow set to ease from record levels; Coca-Cola rises on results
- Bitcoin (BTC) Price Fell 20% Off the Highs Over the Weekend as Markets Got 'Too Excited' About Coinbase (COIN), Says Mike Novogratz
- UK to Intervene on National Security Grounds on NVIDIA (NVDA) and Arm Deal
- GameStop (GME) announces George Sherman will be stepping down as CEO
- Dollar slumps to 6-week low, Bitcoin steadies after weekend drop
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
PerkinElmer, Inc. (NYSE: PKI) today announced the launch of two Research Use Only (RUO) solutions, PKamp™ VariantDetect™ SARS-CoV-2 RT-PCR Assay and Next Generation Sequencing-based NEXTFLEX® Variant-Seq™ SARS-CoV-2 Kit. Using nucleic acid extracted from samples that previously tested positive, laboratories can use these assays to identify genomic mutations reported in relation to SARS-CoV-2 variants.
Public health agencies such as the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) have alerted clinical laboratories and the healthcare community about SARS-CoV-2 viral mutations. Upon detecting a positive case using a first-tier diagnostic assay, second-tier assays such as the PerkinElmer PKamp VariantDetect and NEXTFLEX Variant-Seq kits provide further information about mutations in the sample. The PKamp VariantDetect SARS-CoV-2 RT-PCR assay can detect mutations associated with B.1.1.7, B.1.351 and P.1 variants, which are the predominant variant strains known today. The NEXTFLEX Variant-Seq SARS-CoV-2 WGS workflow can detect all SARS-CoV-2 genetic changes relative to the strain originally identified in Wuhan, China.
“While continuing to rely on gold-standard RT-PCR tests for COVID-19 diagnosis, we must understand emerging variants to effectively limit the spread of the virus,” said Masoud Toloue, Ph.D., senior vice president, diagnostics, PerkinElmer. “The second-tier assays made available today are the outcome of a product development engine primed to continue producing assays that will help labs outpace the virus.”
PerkinElmer continues to work on the frontlines of improving COVID-19 testing. The PerkinElmer® New Coronavirus Nucleic Acid Detection Kit is the most sensitive molecular test for COVID-19 on the market, according to comparative data released by a FDA Reference Panel, and can be used to test symptomatic or asymptomatic individuals, individually or in pools of up to five samples. The Company’s comprehensive SARS-CoV-2 offerings also include high throughput RNA extraction, RT-PCR, antigen testing, workflow automation, ELISA, chemiluminescence, time-resolved fluorescence and lateral flow based serology testing.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Abeona Therapeutics (ABEO) Announces Dr. Leila Alland and Mr. Donald Wuchterl to Board
- Tonix Pharma (TNXP) Enters into Exclusive Worldwide Licensing Agreement with OyaGen to Develop Antiviral SARS-CoV-2 Inhibitor, TNX-3500, for the Treatment of COVID-19
- Agenus (AGEN) Reports Biologics License Application Submission to FDA for Patients with Recurrent or Metastatic Cervical Cancer
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, FDA, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!