Performant Financial (PFMT) Re-Awarded CMS RAC Region 1 Contract
- Dow reaches all-time high on commodity surge; S&P, Nasdaq drop
- Dogecoin Sees 'Sell the News' Reaction to Musk's SNL Appearance, as 'Hustle' Comment is Weighed Against Launch 'To the Moon'
- Alphabet (GOOGL) and Facebook (FB) Downgraded to 'Neutral' at Citi as Decelerating Growth Is Not Bullish for Multiples
- Elliott Management has stake in Duke Energy (DUK) - WSJ
- Ethereum (ETH) Soars Above $4,000 to Print Fresh Record Highs
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 1-week free trial here.
Performant Financial Corporation (Nasdaq: PFMT), (“Performant”, “the Company”), a leading provider of technology-enabled payment integrity, eligibility and related analytics services, today announced that on March 26, 2021, the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid (CMS) awarded Performant an 8.5 year contract to serve as the Region 1 Recovery Audit Contractor (RAC). This contingency fee contract was awarded via a full-and-open competitive procurement.
Region 1 consists of 11 states across the Northeast and eastern-Midwest region. As the Region 1 RAC, Performant will perform post-payment reviews of Part A and B Medicare fee-for service claims to identify and support the recoupment of improperly paid claims. Any updates related to the contract will be posted on the Company’s CMS RAC Provider webpages.
“This award underscores our long-standing partnership with CMS and is a direct result of our team’s hard work and dedication since the contract was first awarded in 2016,” stated Simeon Kohl, SVP and GM Healthcare. “In addition to Region 1, Performant is also the nationwide Region 5 RAC for Durable Medical Equipment, Prosthetics, Orthotics and Supplies (DMEPOS) and Home Health and Hospice (HH&H) claims, and the exclusive contractor for the Medicare Secondary Payer (MSP) Commercial Repayment Center contract, Kohl highlighted. “It is always an honor to serve CMS and we are grateful to have the quality and value of our work affirmed through this award.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: NTSB Issues Preliminary Report on April 17 Texas Tesla (TSLA) Crash
- IQVIA Holdings (IQV) Announces U.S. District Court Issues Favorable Decision Against Veeva (VEEV)
- OneSpan (OSPN) Outlines Record of Engagement and Transformational Progress in Letter to Stockholders
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!