Perdoceo Education Corp. (PRDO) Tops Q1 EPS by 1c, Revenues Beat; Offers 2Q & FY21 EPS Outlook
- Nasdaq eyes record closing high as Powell testimony looms
- Sanderson Farms (SAFM) Explores Sale - Report
- Bitcoin (BTC) Cracks $30,000 to Hit 6-Month Low, Here Are Next Targets Lower
- Dollar edges higher before Powell; Bitcoin drops
- Splunk (SPLK) Lands $1 Billion From Silver Lake, Announces Buyback One Day After Activist Rumors Surface
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Perdoceo Education Corp. (NASDAQ: PRDO) reported Q1 EPS of $0.44, $0.01 better than the analyst estimate of $0.43. Revenue for the quarter came in at $183.6 million versus the consensus estimate of $181.1 million.
First Quarter 2021 Results as Compared to Prior Year Quarter
- Revenue increased 7.4 percent to $183.6 million with both CTU and AIU contributing to the growth
- Operating income increased 8.9 percent to $40.6 million while adjusted operating income increased 11.7 percent to $44.6 million*
- Earnings per diluted share was $0.43 as compared to $0.41 while adjusted earnings per diluted share was $0.44 as compared to $0.41*
- Ended the quarter with $451.0 million in cash, cash equivalents, restricted cash and available-for-sale short-term investments
- Total student enrollments at March 31, 2021 increased by 9.7 percent, with CTU experiencing a 12.8 percent increase and AIU experiencing a 5.0 percent increase
*See GAAP (U.S. generally accepted accounting principles) to non-GAAP reconciliation attached to this press release
“We are pleased with our positive first quarter 2021 results. Our focus on student experiences, retention and academic outcomes, in particular through our ongoing technology initiatives, has helped us to effectively serve and educate our students as they progress through their academic programs,” said Todd Nelson, President and Chief Executive Officer. “As the year progresses, we will continue to invest in various initiatives that meet the evolving professional needs of our non-traditional learners, including working adults.”
Perdoceo Education Corp. sees Q2 2021 EPS of $0.39-$0.40, versus the consensus of $0.42.
Perdoceo Education Corp. sees FY2021 EPS of $1.58-$1.64, versus the consensus of $1.62.
For earnings history and earnings-related data on Perdoceo Education Corp. (PRDO) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Best Solar Stocks to Invest in 2021? Wall Street Weighs In
- Repay Holdings Corporation (RPAY) to Acquire Accounts Payable Automation Provider Kontrol Payables
- Everi Holdings (EVRI) Announces Expected 2021 Second Quarter Results In Connection With Plan To Refinance Outstanding Debt
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Earnings, Guidance, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!