PepsiCo to cut hundreds of jobs at HQ
- Wall Street edges lower ahead of Powell comments
- CVS Health (CVS) to buy Oak Street Health (OSH) for $10.5 billion - WSJ
- Biden expected to call for 400% increase in buyback tax
- Pinterest (PINS) erases bulk of after-hours losses after positive earnings call, analysts raise numbers
- Activision Blizzard (ATVI): Call of Duty strength fuel earnings beat
By Yasin Ebrahim
Investing.com -- PepsiCo Inc (NASDAQ: PEP) reportedly is set to lay off hundreds of workers at North American snacks and beverages divisions, the Wall Street Journal reported Monday, citing unnamed sources.
PepsiCo was up about 0.5% following the news.
The job cuts are part of a move “to simplify the organization so we can operate more efficiently,” Pepsi told employees in a memo that was viewed by the Journal.
The firm's beverage business will bear the brunt of the cuts as the snacks business has already trimmed positions via a voluntary retirement program, the people said, according to the report.
You May Also Be Interested In
- Pepsico (PEP) PT Lowered to $192 at UBS
- Lithium Americas Corp (LAC) Receives Favorable Ruling on Record of Decision for Thacker Pass
- KeyBanc downgrades Datadog (DDOG), upgrades Splunk (SPLK)
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!