Parker-Hannifin (PH) Tops Q3 EPS by 16c, Revenues Beat; Affirms FY19 EPS Mid-Point Guidance Below Consensus
- Wall Street falls with Amazon; S&P 500 posts sixth straight month of gains
- Amazon (AMZN) Plunges After Missing Sales and Guidance Expectations, Analysts Slash PTs to Reflect Weaker Guidance
- Pinterest (PINS) Tops Profit and Sales Views, But Shares Plunges Over 20% on a Big Monthly User Miss to Prompt Two Downgrades
- 'I'm CEO.' New Book Outlines Merger Conversations Between Elon Musk and Tim Cook
- Bullard: Fed should taper this fall, go "fairly rapidly" to end early 2022
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 1-week free trial here.
Parker-Hannifin (NYSE: PH) reported Q3 EPS of $3.17, $0.16 better than the analyst estimate of $3.01. Revenue for the quarter came in at $3.69 billion versus the consensus estimate of $3.71 billion.
- EPS reached an all-time quarterly record at $3.14 as reported, or $3.17 adjusted
- Segment operating margin was an all-time record at 17.1% as reported, or 17.2% adjusted
- Third quarter sales were $3.69 billion, with organic growth of 2% offset by currency translation
- Strong cash flow from operations was 10.3% of sales, or 12.1%, excluding pension contribution
- EBITDA margin was 18.6% as reported, or 18.7% adjusted
“We delivered strong operational performance in the third quarter, achieving all-time quarterly records for total segment operating margin and earnings, and strong year-to-date cash flow from operations,” said Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, Tom Williams. “We eclipsed total segment operating margin of 17% for the first time in a quarter. I am especially pleased that our Aerospace business achieved an all-time record for segment operating margin of 20.7%. While order entry has moderated for the Diversified Industrial Segment against strong comparisons in the prior year quarter, we are confident in our ability to continue executing well and reaching another record year in fiscal 2019.”
Williams added, “Parker continues to operate exceptionally well, with strong execution from Parker team members globally. We remain on track to achieve our fiscal 2023 financial targets through our ongoing focus on driving The Win Strategy™”
Parker-Hannifin sees FY2019 EPS of $11.45-$11.75, versus the consensus of $11.65.
- Fiscal year 2019 guidance is adjusted on a pre-tax basis for expected business realignment expenses of approximately $16 million and CLARCOR costs to achieve of approximately $14 million and an income tax expense adjustment of $14 million related to U.S. Tax Reform.
- Guidance assumes organic sales growth in the range of 2.0% to 3.0%.
For earnings history and earnings-related data on Parker-Hannifin (PH) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Towne Bank (TOWN) Names Brad E. Schwartz President and CEO
- Procter & Gamble (PG) Tops Q4 EPS by 4c, Offers Guidance
- Illinois Tool Works (ITW) Tops Q2 EPS by 41c
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Earnings, Guidance, Hot Guidance, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!