Parker-Hannifin (PH) Tops Q1 EPS by 11c; Provides FY20 EPS Guidance
- Wall Street surges to all-time closing high on earnings, economic revival
- Was Intel's (INTC) Second Quarter a Speedbump or Inflection?
- Twitter (TWTR) Gains After Beating Q2 Estimates, Analysts Raise PTs as Brand Recovery Accelerates
- U.S. dollar on track for second week of gains; Fed meeting in focus
- Snap (SNAP) Surges 17% After Smashing Q2 Views Across the Board to Yield a Dozen Price Target Hikes
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Parker-Hannifin (NYSE: PH) reported Q1 EPS of $2.76, $0.11 better than the analyst estimate of $2.65. Revenue for the quarter came in at $3.33 billion versus the consensus estimate of $3.33 billion.
- First quarter sales were $3.33 billion; organic sales declined 3%
- First quarter EPS were $2.60 as reported, or $2.76 adjusted
- First quarter total segment operating margin was 17.0% as reported, or 17.3% adjusted
- EBITDA margin was 18.4% as reported, or 19.1% adjusted
- Cash flow from operations was a first quarter record at $449 million, and reached 13.5% of sales
- LORD Corporation and Exotic Metals Forming Company acquisitions completed
- Company revises fiscal 2020 full year guidance
“We delivered increased adjusted total segment operating margin, EBITDA margin and record cash flow in the first quarter despite softness in global economic conditions," said Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, Tom Williams. "Adjusted total segment operating margin of 17.3% increased 10 basis points compared with the prior year quarter and adjusted EBITDA margin increased 110 basis points year-over-year to 19.1%. This performance reflects the effort of our global teams and the effective implementation of The Win Strategy™."
Parker-Hannifin sees FY2020 EPS of $10.10-$10.90, versus the consensus of $11.74.
For the fiscal year ending June 30, 2020, the company has revised guidance for earnings per share to the range of $8.53 to $9.33, or $10.10 to $10.90 on an adjusted basis. Fiscal year 2020 guidance is adjusted on a pre-tax basis for expected business realignment expenses of approximately $40 million, costs to achieve of approximately $27 million, one-time acquisition expenses of approximately $200 million, and has been updated to include LORD Corporation and Exotic Metals Forming. Guidance assumes an organic sales decline in the range of 7.5% to 4.5%. A reconciliation of forecasted earnings per share to adjusted forecasted earnings per share is included in the financial tables of this press release.
Williams added, "Continued execution of the Win Strategy will position us to deliver strong margins, earnings and cash flow for the full fiscal year. We have revised guidance based on the impact of the closing of the LORD Corporation and Exotic Metals Forming acquisitions and softening macroeconomic trends."
For earnings history and earnings-related data on Parker-Hannifin (PH) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Meridian Bioscience (VIVO) to Acquire Urea Breath Test for H. pylori from Otsuka America Pharmaceutical, Inc.
- Zoom-Backed Events Platform Cvent to Go Public via $5.3 Billion SPAC Deal
- Kimberly-Clark (KMB) Misses Q2 EPS by 27c, Lowers FY Guidance
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Earnings, Guidance, Management Comments
Related EntitiesEarnings, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!