Palatin Technologies (PTN) Misses Q2 EPS by 3c
- Wall Street rebounds after two-day decline; Netflix slides
- Netflix (NFLX) Plunges Following Q1 Sub Miss, But One Analyst Sees Chance to Turn Bullish
- Oil prices drop 2% on U.S. crude build, COVID-19 surge in India
- Intuitive Surgical (ISRG) Q1 Beat Prompts Two Street Upgrades
- U.S. dollar losses bounce after Canada tips toward higher rates
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 1-week free trial here.
Palatin Technologies (NYSE: PTN) reported Q2 EPS of ($0.04), $0.03 worse than the analyst estimate of ($0.01).
- Net loss for the quarter was $(10.0) million, or $(0.04) per share, compared to a net loss of $(5.2) million, or $(0.02) per share for the comparable quarter of 2019;
- The increase in net loss was primarily attributable to commercial expenses related to Vyleesi and to PL9643's Phase 2 study for the treatment of dry eye disease.
"Working through the melanocortin system, PL9643 is a novel approach to treating dry eye disease. The emerging profile of PL9643, with its rapid therapeutic onset and excellent tolerability profile, is a potentially distinct advance in dry eye therapy," stated Carl Spana, Ph.D., President and CEO of Palatin. "The positive PL9643 Phase 2 study results identify the most appropriate patient population, endpoints, and timepoints for the next study, which is a Phase 2/3 study targeted for mid-calendar year 2021, with data readout in the first half of calendar year 2022. Regarding Vyleesi, our measured plan and investment is showing positive trends and returns with a significant rise in payer reimbursement and double-digit increases to month over month prescription numbers continuing through January 2021."
For earnings history and earnings-related data on Palatin Technologies (PTN) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- First Industrial Realty (FR) Tops Q1 EPS by 26c, Revenues Beat
- SEI Investments (SEIC) Tops Q1 EPS by 1c, Revenues Beat
- Kinder Morgan (KMI) Raises Quarterly Dividend 2.9% to $0.27; 6.5% Yield
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Earnings, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!