PagerDuty, Inc. (PD) Tops Q2 EPS by 3c, Revenues Beat; Offers Q3 & FY20 EPS/Revenue Outlook
- Nasdaq closes up on tech stocks strength, as hawkish Fed limits S&P
- Dollar surges to two-month high on Fed rate-hike projection
- BofA Fund Manager Survey: 72% Says Inflation 'Transitory', 63% Expect Fed to Signal Taper Aug/Sept, 'Long Commodities' Now the Most Crowded Trade
- Oil falls from multi-year highs on firmer dollar, hike in UK COVID cases
- People Are Spending More Time Outdoors, Which Will Hurt Netflix (NFLX) This Quarter - KeyBanc
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 1-week free trial here.
PagerDuty, Inc. (NYSE: PD) reported Q2 EPS of ($0.07), $0.03 better than the analyst estimate of ($0.10). Revenue for the quarter came in at $40.4 million versus the consensus estimate of $39.12 million.
Second Quarter Fiscal 2020 Financial Highlights
- Revenue: Total revenue was $40.4 million, up 45% year-over-year.
- Gross Margin: GAAP gross margin was 84.9%. Non-GAAP gross margin was 85.7% compared to Non-GAAP gross margin of 86.2% in the second quarter of fiscal 2019.
- Operating Loss: GAAP operating loss was $14.4 million, or 35.6% of revenue, compared to a $13.0 million loss, or 46.7% of revenue, in the second quarter of fiscal 2019. Non-GAAP operating loss was $7.1 million, or 17.7% of revenue, compared to a $4.2 million loss, or 15.2% of revenue, in the second quarter of fiscal 2019.
- Net Loss: GAAP net loss was $12.6 million, compared to $12.6 million in the second quarter of fiscal 2019. GAAP net loss per share was $0.17, compared to $0.59 in the second quarter of fiscal 2019. Non-GAAP net loss was $5.3 million, compared to $3.8 million in the second quarter of fiscal 2019. Non-GAAP net loss per share was $0.07, compared to $0.18 in the second quarter of fiscal 2019.
- Cash Flow: Net cash provided by operations was $2.2 million, or 5.3% of revenue, compared to net cash used in operations of $4.7 million, or 17.1% of revenue, in the second quarter of fiscal 2019. Free cash flow was positive $1.3 million, or 3.3% of revenue, compared to negative $5.0 million, or 18.1% of revenue, in the second quarter of fiscal 2019.
- Cash and Cash Equivalents and Investments were $341.1 million as of July 31, 2019.
“We are pleased to report strong second quarter results, driven by our continued growth across industry verticals, geographies and use cases, particularly in the mid-market and enterprise segments," said Jennifer Tejada, Chief Executive Officer of PagerDuty. “This was our first $40 million quarter and a record quarter for growth in accounts investing over $100,000. We’re excited to see a growing number of customers around the world utilize the PagerDuty platform to continually improve their digital operations.”
PagerDuty, Inc. sees Q3 2020 EPS of ($0.10)-($0.09), versus the consensus of ($0.08). PagerDuty, Inc. sees Q3 2020 revenue of $41.5-42.5 million, versus the consensus of $41.58 million.
PagerDuty, Inc. sees FY2020 EPS of ($0.37)-($0.36), versus the consensus of ($0.37). PagerDuty, Inc. sees FY2020 revenue of $162-164 million, versus the consensus of $162.39 million.
For earnings history and earnings-related data on PagerDuty, Inc. (PD) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Adobe Systems (ADBE) Tops Q2 EPS by 22c, Q3 Guidance Tops Views
- Kroger lifts annual forecasts as online grocery investments click
- Jabil (JBL) Tops Q3 EPS by 26c, Q4 Guidance Tops Consensus
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Earnings, Guidance, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!