PTC (PTC) Tops Q1 EPS by 13c, Revenues Beat; Offers FY20 EPS/Revenue Mid-Point Guidance Above Consensus
- Wall Street dips after S&P 500 hits record high; Fed meeting in focus
- DraftKings (DKNG) Plunges as Hindenburg's Report Indicates Betting Company's Links to Black Market Operations
- U.S. retail sales fall as spending shifts back to services; producer prices rise
- Amazon (AMZN) Reiterated as Top Pick, Set to Pass Walmart (WMT) Overall in 2022 - JPMorgan
- ZoomInfo (ZI) Gains After Setting $2 Billion 2025 Sales Target, Analysts Positive
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 1-week free trial here.
PTC (NASDAQ: PTC) reported Q1 EPS of $0.57, $0.13 better than the analyst estimate of $0.44. Revenue for the quarter came in at $356.11 million versus the consensus estimate of $342.16 million.
First quarter 2020 highlights1
- ARR was $1.16 billion. Growth of 11% compared to Q1’19 reflects solid performance in our Growth and Core product groups, and in our global channel.
- Cash flow from operations was $8 million in Q1’20. Free cash flow was $3 million and adjusted free cash flow was $12 million, compared to negative free and adjusted free cash flow in Q1’19. On a trailing twelve-month basis, free cash flow growth was 27%, and adjusted free cash flow growth was 34% in Q1’20, compared to Q1’19.
- Operating margin was 9% in Q1’20 on a GAAP basis compared to 9% in Q1’19; Q1’20 non-GAAP operating margin was 26%, compared to 24% in Q4’19, and 27% in Q1’19.
- Total cash, cash equivalents, and marketable securities as of the end of Q1’20 was $294 million; total debt, net of deferred issuance costs, was $1.12 billion.
“PTC continued to see solid demand for our product development and digital transformation technologies across all major geographies. Sales execution was strong in the quarter, and our partner ecosystem continued to expand our global reach,” said James Heppelmann, President and CEO, PTC.
“PTC is entering this new decade with a robust portfolio that positions us to deliver an impressive combination of growth and profitability. We see a lot of momentum in the core CAD and PLM business, while our IOT and AR businesses continue to generate very strong growth,” continued Heppelmann.
“The addition of Onshape brings the industry’s only multi-tenant SaaS platform into our portfolio, providing significant new opportunities for companies who want to reap the benefits of developing products in a fully cloud-based environment,” concluded Heppelmann.
PTC sees FY2020 EPS of $2.15-$2.65, versus the consensus of $2.17. PTC sees FY2020 revenue of $1.445-1.525 billion, versus the consensus of $1.46 billion.
Fiscal 2020 Outlook
“Given our solid Q1 performance, our visibility into the remainder of fiscal 2020, and favorable foreign exchange rates, we are raising our guidance ranges for ARR, Adjusted Free Cash Flow, Revenue and EPS,” said Kristian Talvitie, EVP and CFO, PTC.
Our fiscal 2020 financial outlook includes the following general considerations:
- Guidance includes the financial contribution from the recently completed Onshape acquisition.
- Operating expenses are expected to grow roughly 9%, slightly elevated due to the Onshape acquisition.
- Allows for potential impact of moderate weakening of macroeconomic conditions.
- GAAP tax rate is expected to be 15%, 500 bps lower than previous guidance due to accounting related to the Onshape acquisition. Non-GAAP tax rate remains 19%.
- Reflects operating cash flow of $245 million to $265 million.
For earnings history and earnings-related data on PTC (PTC) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Here Are 10 Highest Rated EV Stocks to Watch in 2021 According to Wall Street Analysts
- Wells Fargo's Midyear Outlook: Projects CPI to Average 3.8%, US 10-Year Above 2%, Weaker Dollar and Says Focus on Cyclicals
- Precipio (PRPO) Terminates its Equity Line
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Earnings, Guidance, Hot Guidance, Management Comments
Related EntitiesEarnings, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!