PPL Corp. (PPL) Misses Q4 EPS by 2c, Revenues Miss
- Wall Street slips off record highs, Tesla drops after fatal crash
- IBM (IBM) Tops Q1 EPS by 14c, Revenue Beats
- Bitcoin (BTC) Price Fell 20% Off the Highs Over the Weekend as Markets Got 'Too Excited' About Coinbase (COIN), Says Mike Novogratz
- GameStop (GME) CEO Gets the Axe as Ryan Cohen Continues to Make His Mark, Analyst Says Co. Will Likely Look to Tech Sector for New Hires
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
PPL Corp. (NYSE: PPL) reported Q4 EPS of $0.59, $0.02 worse than the analyst estimate of $0.61. Revenue for the quarter came in at $1.93 billion versus the consensus estimate of $2.12 billion.
"In the face of a global pandemic, PPL demonstrated its resilience, providing electricity and natural gas safely and reliably to first responders and more than 10 million customers, giving them one less thing to worry about in an uncertain world," said PPL President and Chief Executive Officer Vincent Sorgi.
- Announces 2020 reported earnings of $1.91 per share.
- Delivers 2020 earnings from ongoing operations of $2.40 per share, achieving results within original forecast range despite COVID-19 impacts.
- Declares quarterly dividend of $0.4150 per share.
"As the pandemic necessitated changes to the way we work, we responded quickly and effectively, achieving award-winning customer satisfaction, completing more than $3 billion in infrastructure improvements, advancing our clean energy strategy, and supporting COVID-19 relief for individuals and families struggling in our communities.
"In addition, as COVID-19 forced lockdowns and business closures, we positioned PPL to weather the economic downturn and managed the financial impact, achieving our earnings guidance and delivering on our commitment to return capital to shareowners."
For earnings history and earnings-related data on PPL Corp. (PPL) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- New Oriental Education (EDU) Tops Q3 EPS by 3c, Revenues Beat; Offers 4Q Revenue Guidance Above Consensus
- Guaranty Bancshares, Inc. (GNTY) Tops Q1 EPS by 13c
- Steel Dynamics (STLD) Tops Q1 EPS by 21c, Revenues Beat