Osiris Therapeutics (OSIR) CEO to Resign; Jason Keefer Named as Interim CEO
- Wall Street ends mixed after punishing week
- '3600 is the New Bull Case': Outflows from Energy and Materials Highest in Several Years - BofA
- Dollar catches a break after bruising week as investors turn risk averse
- Apple (AAPL) is a 'Compelling Name To Own' Right Now, iPhone Sales Trending Ahead of Guidance - Wedbush's Ives
- Deere (DE) Falls on Sales Miss, JPMorgan Sees 'Aggressive' Guidance and Downside Risk
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 1-week free trial here.
Osiris Therapeutics, Inc. (Pink Sheets: OSIR) is pleased to announce that its Board of Directors, at a Board Meeting on February 6th, 2018, appointed Mr. Willi Miesch as a Director, upon recommendation of the Nominating Committee. Mr. Miesch joins Osiris (the Company) as an independent Board Member and will stand for election at the Company’s 2018 Stockholders Meeting.
“We are pleased to have Mr. Miesch join Osiris at this important time,” said Peter Friedli, Chairman of the Board. “Willi is an expert in the development and marketing of medical devices, and has extensive entrepreneurial experience in building and developing successful healthcare companies.”
Mr. Miesch has more than 20 years of Chief Executive Officer experience with a track record of achievement in operations, manufacturing and marketing medical technology. Mr. Miesch serves as Chief Executive Officer of Medartis, a Swiss medical technology company. Prior to joining Medartis in 1998, Mr. Miesch held positions with the Institut Straumann AG Switzerland & USA, and Stratec Medical.
Linda Palczuk, President and Chief Executive Officer has announced her decision to resign her position effective on February 9, 2018 to accept the position of Chief Operating Officer at Verrica Pharmaceuticals located in West Chester, Pennsylvania. Ms. Palczuk advised the Company that her decision is due to the new position being a unique opportunity and one that is closer to her home residence.
Jason Keefer, the VP of Marketing for the Company, has been appointed as the Interim President & CEO.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Walker & Dunlop (WD) Outlines Plans for Continued Growth, Intents to Grow Revenues to $2B by 2025
- Amarin Corp. (AMRN) Appoints Erin Enright and Alfonso Zulueta to its Board, Announces Leadership Changes
- Esports Entertainment Group (GMBL) Appoints Kaitesi Munroe to its Board
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Changes, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!