Ortho Clinical Diagnostics (OCDX) Expands COVID-19 Test Offerings with Emergency Use Authorization (EUA) of Total Nucleocapsid Antibody Test
- Indexes close up more than 1% as investors assess Fed news
- China Tells Local Authorities to Prepare For a 'Possible Storm' and Prevent Unrest as Evergrande Crisis Unravels - WSJ
- Salesforce (CRM) Raises FY22 Revenue Guidance; Initiates FY23 Revenue
- Oil prices rise, hit 2-month highs on supply worries
- IDFA Seen as a 'Real Headwind' for Facebook (FB) but Analysts Remain Positive
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Ortho's new VITROS® Anti-SARS-CoV-2 Total N test detects the individual's immune response to the COVID-19 virus and is intended to help clinicians understand if their patient had a recent or prior COVID-19 infection.
-- Ortho is the first company to have an EUA for both a quantitative IgG antibody assay targeting the spike protein and a total assay targeting the nucleocapsid protein. This new antibody test is the fifth assay to receive EUA in Ortho's COVID-19 Testing Solutions.
Ortho Clinical Diagnostics (Nasdaq: OCDX), one of the world's largest pure-play in vitro diagnostics companies, today announced its qualitative COVID-19 Total N antibody test received U.S. Food and Drug Administration EUA. This new antibody test is the fifth assay to receive EUA within Ortho's COVID-19 testing solutions. The test detects the individual's immune response or total antibodies to the COVID-19 virus and is intended to help clinicians understand if their patient had a recent or prior COVID-19 infection.
Ortho's new qualitative VITROS® Anti-SARS-CoV-2 Total N antibody test is designed to capture the nucleocapsid protein, detect total antibodies to the COVID-19 virus, and is intended for use as an aid in identifying individuals with an adaptive immune response to SARS-CoV-2. The test offers 99.2% specificity and excellent sensitivity.1 Ortho is the first company to have an EUA for both a quantitative IgG antibody assay targeting the spike protein and a total assay targeting the nucleocapsid protein.
"Ortho's new Total N test rounds out our portfolio of accurate and scalable COVID-19 testing solutions to meet the continued need for testing in communities across the globe." said Ivan Salgo, MD, head of medical, clinical, and scientific affairs, Ortho Clinical Diagnostics. "From virus detection, to identifying individuals with an adaptive immune response to infection, and measuring antibody response, our customers can support their community's COVID-19 testing needs now and in the future."
Communities rely on their local laboratories for accurate testing and results. Ortho's COVID-19 portfolio of testing can be done on one system, allowing labs to run high-volume testing to meet the continued demand. As the pandemic continues and more testing is needed in remote areas, Ortho is uniquely positioned to support these needs with a strong foothold in more than 1,000 labs across the United States."
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- vTv Therapeutics (VTVT) Announces Results of Multiple Ascending Dose Study and Development Plan for HPP737, an Oral PDE4 Inhibitor for the Treatment of Psoriasis
- Medicenna Therapeutics (MDNA) Appoints John H. Sampson to its Board
- Jaguar Health (JAGX) Receives "Complete" Letter from FDA for Last of Four Major Technical Sections for the Company's Application for Conditional Approval of Canalevia (Crofelemer) for Chemotherapy-Ind
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, FDA
Related EntitiesTwitter, S1, FDA
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!