Oramed Pharma (ORMP) Begins Second Phase 3 Oral Insulin Study Under FDA's Approved Dual Concurrent Protocol
- Wall Street ends week positively; S&P 500, Dow hit record highs
- Bitcoin (BTC) Drops 3% as Turkey Bans Cryptocurrency Payments Citing Lack of Regulatory Supervision
- Morgan Stanley (MS) Archegos-Related Loss Appears to be $911M
- Dollar at 4-week low on retreating Treasury yields
- J&J (JNJ) Privately Asked Rival Covid-19 Vaccine Makers to Inspect Clotting Risks, AstraZeneca (AZN) Said Yes but Pfizer (PFE) and Moderna (MRNA) Declined - Report
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Oramed Pharmaceuticals Inc. (NASDAQ: ORMP), a clinical-stage pharmaceutical company focused on the development of oral drug delivery systems, announced today it has screened the first patients in its ORA-D-013-2 study, the second of two concurrent Phase 3 studies of its oral insulin capsule, ORMD-0801, for the treatment of type 2 diabetes (T2D).
The studies are taking place under U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) approved protocols to treat T2D patients who have inadequate glycemic control over a period of 6 to 12 months. [Enrollment for the other Phase 3 study, ORA-D-013-1, is ongoing and has surpassed 25%]. The double-blinded, placebo-controlled, multi-center randomized studies will recruit a total of 1,125 patients to evaluate the efficacy and safety of ORMD-0801. Efficacy data for the studies will become available after all patients have completed the first 6-month treatment period.
"With both concurrent Phase 3 studies now enrolling, we have achieved another world-first milestone, as the only company to conduct two Phase 3 oral insulin studies under an FDA protocol. While ORA-D-013-1 will help us evaluate our oral insulin capsule in patients who are already on two or three glucose-lowering medications, ORA-D-013-2 will help us assess our oral insulin capsule in patients who are on diet control alone or on diet and metformin monotherapy. Evaluating ORMD-0801 in these diverse population groups is expected to yield compelling results for use cases upon potential approval," stated Oramed CEO Nadav Kidron.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- AVEO Oncology (AVEO) Adds Kevin Cullen, M.D. to Board
- Willdan Group (WLDN) Announces CFO Transition
- Qorvo (QRVO) Awarded $24.4 Million National Institutes of Health Contract to Scale Point-of-Care COVID-19 Antigen Testing
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, FDA, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!