Oncosec Medical (ONCS) names Brian Leuthner as COO
- S&P 500, Dow rise on boost from bank earnings
- Coinbase (COIN) Soars 52% in Public Debut
- JPMorgan (JPM) Reports a Q1 Beat on Revenue and Profit Fueled by Release of $5.2 Billion Reserved for Bad Loans; Shares Slightly Down
- Bernie Madoff, disgraced Ponzi schemer, dies at 82
- Goldman Sachs (GS) Q1 EPS Nearly Doubles Wall Street's View as Investment Banking Excels Amid SPAC and IPO Frenzy
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
OncoSec Medical Incorporated (NASDAQ: ONCS) (the "Company" or "OncoSec") today announced the addition of two new executives to the company's management team.
Industry veteran Brian Leuthner has been appointed as OncoSec's Chief Operating Officer and Joe Smith has joined as Vice President of Business Development.
"We are delighted to welcome both Brian and Joe to OncoSec's management team," said Daniel J. O'Connor, President and Chief Executive Officer of OncoSec. "As we continue making progress in the development of our lead product candidate, TAVO™, in multiple ongoing clinical studies for a variety of oncology indications and COVID-19, we are actively seeking opportunities to expand our offering through strategic partnerships that maximize the full therapeutic potential of our technology. With the additions of Brian and Joe to our executive team, we are looking forward to leveraging their significant strategic, commercial and business development expertise as we work to bring transformative solutions to patients in need and value to our shareholders."
Mr. Leuthner joins OncoSec having held a variety of leadership positions over his 32 year biotech and pharmaceutical career, including CEO and Chief Operating Officer functions. For a decade, Mr. Leuthner was President, CEO and co-founder of Edge Therapeutics, Inc., an orphan disease-focused company. In 2019, Mr. Leuthner led the merger of Edge and PDS Biotechnology, an immune-oncology company. While at Edge, he developed a long-term vision, strategic plan and corporate culture that ensured a successful transition from a start-up company through late-stage development. Earlier in his career, Mr. Leuthner held a variety of additional leadership positions, including Fontus Pharmaceuticals, Inc., The Medicines Company, ESP Pharma, Cardinal Health, Johnson & Johnson, Thomas Ferguson Healthcare Advertising Agency and Glaxo Wellcome Company.
Joining OncoSec as Vice President of Business Development, Mr. Smith was most recently an independent transaction advisor and acting Head of Business Development to a number of biotechnology and specialty pharmaceutical companies, including an antibody-focused start-up, an orphan ophthalmology specialty business and a vaccine technology business focused on COVID-19. Previously, he was Executive Director & Head of Business Development & Strategy for EyePoint Pharmaceuticals where he led Strategy and Business and Corporate Development activity. Mr. Smith has led or managed Business and Corporate Development at three other specialty pharmaceutical companies including Adare Pharmaceuticals, Valeant Pharmaceuticals, and Aton Pharma. His experience also includes more than eight years between management consulting and biotechnology equity research.
As of February 2, 2021, Mr. Leuthner will be granted an initial grant of 150,000 stock options and Mr. Smith will be granted an initial grant of 35,000 stock options. These stock options will have an exercise price equal to the closing price of the Company's common stock on the date of grant and will be 25% vested on the date of grant, with the remaining 75% vesting quarterly over a two-year period. These stock options were granted as an inducement to Mr. Leuthner and Mr. Smith entering into employment with the Company in accordance with NASDAQ Listing Rule 5635(c)(4).
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- New Residential Investment (NRZ) to Acquire Caliber Home Loans for $1.68 Billion
- Cinedigm (CIDM) Announces Record Subscription and Ad-Supported User Growth Milestones
- Boston Private Financial (BPFH) Announces ISS Recommends Shareholders Vote “FOR” the Proposed Transaction with SVB Financial (SIVB)
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Changes, Management Comments
Related EntitiesDefinitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!