OPKO Health (OPK) Submits IND for Rayaldee
- Dow, S&P 500 end with gains up after bumpy week, but Nike drags
- Over $100 Billion Wiped Off: Bitcoin (BTC) Price Falls As China's Central Bank Vows to Ban Cryptocurrency Trading
- Nike (NKE) Stock Falls On a Revenue Miss and Slashed FY Sales Outlook, Analysts Bullish Despite NT Supply Chain Challenges
- Oil hits highest in almost 3 years as supply tightens
- Here's Why Meredith (MDP) Stock Price Soared 18% in After Hours
OPKO Health, Inc. (NYSE: OPK), announced the submission of an Investigational New Drug (IND) Application to the United States (U.S.) Food and Drug Administration (FDA) under which Rayaldee™ will begin clinical evaluation as an adjunctive therapy for the prevention of skeletal-related events (SREs) in patients with bone metastases undergoing anti-resorptive therapy.
The initial investigation described in this IND is a phase 1 dose titration study designed to evaluate the safety and tolerability of Rayaldee in patients with breast or prostate cancer that has metastasized to bone who are receiving treatment with zoledronic acid (a bisphosphonate) or denosumab (a RANKL inhibitor). Approximately 24 subjects (12 with each cancer type) will receive Rayaldee at a starting daily dose of 30 µg (1 capsule) for 4 weeks. The dose will escalate in 30 µg increments at 4-week intervals until predetermined biochemical endpoints are reached, at which time the subjects will enter a 12-week maintenance phase. Safety parameters and various markers of bone metabolism, immune function and tumor burden will be monitored at regular intervals.
This study is expected to commence later this year and to take approximately 18 months to complete. Following evaluation of this initial study, OPKO plans to conduct subsequent studies investigating the effects of Rayaldee on SREs and other parameters deemed to indicate potential clinical benefits in the targeted population.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- OPKO Health (OPK) and Pfizer (PFE) Extend U.S. FDA Review of Biologics License Application of Somatrogon for Pediatric Growth Hormone Deficiency
- Rite Aid (RAD) Prepared to Begin Administering "Booster" COVID-19 Vaccine Shots
- Walensky Says Will Review J&J (JNJ), Moderna (MRNA) Booster Applications With 'Urgency' - Reuters
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, FDA
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!