OPKO Health (OPK) Reports Publication of Positive 4Kscore Test Data
- Wall Street closes rollercoaster week sharply lower
- Invesco (IVZ) Reportedly in Talks to Merge With State Street's (STT) Asset Management Business, Citi Sees More Cons than Pros
- FDA Votes "No" on Pfizer (PFE) Booster for 16+ Age Group, 2 Yes 16 No
- Jefferies Raises Price Targets on Alphabet (GOOGL) and Facebook (FB) as They Are Still Inexpensive Relative to Growth, Reiterates Snap (SNAP) as a Best Growth Idea
- Tesla (TSLA) Could Deliver 900K EV Units This Year and 1.3M in 2022 - Wedbush
OPKO Health (NYSE: OPK) announced the online publication of a multi-institutional, prospective study of the 4Kscore Test in the journal European Urology. The results of the study demonstrated that the 4Kscore provides a patient with accurate and personalized information about their risk of having Gleason Score ≥7 prostate cancer, making it a useful tool for selecting men who have significant disease and are most likely to benefit from a prostate biopsy.
“The clinical validation of the 4Kscore Test has confirmed the accuracy of the 4Kscore Test to identify men harboring a high grade prostate cancer in a diverse United States population,” said Dr. Dipen Parekh, Professor and Chair, Department of Urology at the University of Miami and principal investigator for the study. “The results confirm that the 4Kscore Test addresses an important need by providing urologists and their patient a calibrated, individual score for a patient’s risk of aggressive prostate cancer and thus provides information useful in the shared decision making discussion between Urologists and patients on whether to undergo a prostate biopsy.”
“The United States clinical validation confirms prior work published on multiple cohorts of men that were part of the European Research Study on Prostate Cancer Screening (ERSPC) using the same biomarkers used in the 4Kscore Test,” said David Okrongly, President of OPKO Diagnostics. “We are continuing to analyze the patient data coming from our U.S. clinical validation study, in particular to look at associations between the 4Kscore and pathology outcomes in both biopsy and radical prostatectomy specimens.”
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Apple (AAPL) Plans Physical Retail Presence in India, CEO Tim Cook Says - Source - Reuters
- Ryan Specialty Group (RYAN) Appoints Miles Wulleras CEO of RSG Underwriting Managers
- Remark Holdings (MARK) Files $50M Mixed Shelf
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!