OPKO's (OPK) Phillip Frost Says He's Stunned by the SEC's Lawsuit
- Wall St drops 2% on growth worries; focus turns to Fed
- China Property Titan Evergrande (EGRNF) Collapses to 11-Year Lows, Analysts Wary of Domino Effect
- Apple (AAPL) iPhone 13 Has Strong Start with Positive Mix Skew - JP Morgan
- Oil falls on risk aversion; losses limited by U.S. supply problems
- Pfizer (PFE), BioNTech (BNTX) Announce Positive Topline Results From Pivotal Trial of COVID-19 Vaccine in Children 5 to 11 Years
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Dr. Phillip Frost today issued the following statement regarding the lawsuit filed by the Securities and Exchange Commission on September 7, 2018:
“I was stunned by the SEC’s lawsuit and deny the allegations it contains against me. It was particularly disturbing that the SEC departed from its own longstanding practice of providing advance notice and a meaningful opportunity to address their questions in advance of filing an action.
“The allegations against me are belied by common sense, my history of supporting promising scientific technology, and the facts. I invested in two of the entities identified in the complaint. These investments were made because I understood the entities presented promising medical developments and a real opportunity to deliver value for shareholders. I remain a significant long-term shareholder in both companies.
“Nothing is more important to me than my integrity and I am deeply proud of the role I have played over many decades in developing medicines and diagnostic tools that have improved many lives. I intend to fight the charges that have been brought against me and will fight to clear my name.”
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Coinbase (COIN) Applies to Trade Bitcoin, Crypto Futures
- Exelixis (EXEL) Announces Final Results from Phase 3 COSMIC-311 Pivotal Trial of CABOMETYX in Patients with Previously Treated Radioactive Iodine-Refractory Differentiated Thyroid Cancer Presented at
- VSE Corporation (VSEC) Likely to Benefit from Substantial Increase in Biz Jet Growth - Canaccord Genuity
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Litigation, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!