Nucor's (NUE) Affiliates Announce Two Acquisitions
- S&P 500, Dow close at new highs as Facebook starts heavy earnings week
- Facebook (FB) Stock Jumps With Guidance Not As Bad as Feared
- Tesla (TSLA) Joins Apple, Amazon, Microsoft, Google in Trillion Dollar Club
- PayPal (PYPL) Stock Soars Over 6% on Confirmation It Won't Acquire Pinterest (PINS) 'At This Time'; PINS Stock Down 11%
- Biggest Single EV Purchase Ever: Tesla (TSLA) Stock Soars as Hertz Orders 100,000 EVs in $4.2 Billion Deal, Analyst Bulled-up
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Nucor Corporation (NYSE: NUE) announced two acquisitions today on behalf of The David J. Joseph Company (DJJ). The addition of these new recycling locations, representing a 10% growth in capacity, is consistent with Nucor's growth strategy and demonstrates our commitment to expanding the regional recycling platforms supporting our steel mills.
On September 30, Advantage Metals Recycling (AMR) completed the purchase of Grossman Iron and Steel located in St. Louis, Missouri. This acquisition brings AMR's total number of recycling facilities to twelve. "We are pleased to welcome the Grossman teammates to the AMR/Nucor family. They are well positioned to support our growing steelmaking capacity along the Mississippi and Ohio river system," said Mark Schaefer, AMR Vice President and General Manager.
Trademark Metals Recycling LLC (TMR) has agreed to purchase the assets of Garden Street Iron & Metal Inc. located in Fort Myers, Florida. This transaction will close on October 4, subject to normal closing conditions. This acquisition brings TMR's total number of recycling facilities to twenty-six. "The Garden Street teammates are a welcome addition to the TMR/Nucor team and will seamlessly add to our strong presence in the Florida market," said Brian Phillippi, TMR General Manager.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- indie Semiconductor, Inc. (INDI) Acquires Analog Devices’ Symeo Radar Division
- RETRANSMISSION: Origen Receives Final Airborne Results at Middle Ridge and Mobilizes Crews to Newfoundland
- Rand Capital (RAND) Announces Leadership Transition and Changes to Board of Directors
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Mergers and Acquisitions
Related EntitiesDefinitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!