Novavax (NVAX) to Present RSV Maternal Immunization Program Phase 3 Data and Participate in Panel on COPD
- Wall Street ends volatile week sharply higher
- Disney (DIS) Dips As Streaming Business Shows Signs of Slowing Down, Analysts 'Very Bullish' on LT Opportunity
- Airbnb (ABNB) Bookings Up 52% to Help Sales Beat, Seen as a 'Blow Out Quarter' as More Upside is Left
- DoorDash (DASH) Reports Bigger Loss and a Sales Beat, Shares Soars on Strong Guidance and Two Upgrades to 'Buy'
- Coinbase (COIN) To Add Dogecoin Trading in the Next Few Weeks
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Novavax, Inc. (NASDAQ: NVAX) today announced that Gregory M. Glenn, M.D., President of Research and Development, will share data from its global Phase 3 clinical trial of ResVax™, the respiratory syncytial virus (RSV) fusion (F) protein recombinant nanoparticle vaccine, as an oral presentation at the World Vaccine Congress in Washington, D.C., being held April 14-17, 2019.
In addition, Louis Fries III, M.D., Senior Vice President, Chief Medical Officer, will participate in a panel discussion at the World Vaccine Congress on chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD).
Details are as follows:
|Oral Presentation Title:||Phase 3 and beyond: The RSV F nanoparticle vaccine for infants via maternal immunization|
|Date:||Tuesday, April 16|
|Time:||3:40 p.m. E.T.|
|Panel Title:||COPD: The interplay of virus, bacterial pathogens and exacerbation, an opportunity for vaccines?|
|Date:||Wednesday, April 17|
|Time:||11:30 a.m. E.T.|
|Moderator:||Tod Merkel, Ph.D., Professor of Laboratory for Respiratory and Special Pathogens Division, Center for Biologics Evaluation and Research, Food and Drug Administration|
|Panelists:||Louis Fries III, M.D., Senior Vice President, Chief Medical Officer, NovavaxOuti Vaarala, M.D., Ph.D., Senior Director, Respiratory Research, AstraZenecaSanjay Sethi, Professor And Chief, Pulmonary, Critical Care and Sleep Medicine; Assistant Vice President for Health Sciences, The University at Buffalo|
ResVax is an RSV fusion (F) protein recombinant nanoparticle vaccine with aluminum phosphate as an adjuvant. Novavax is developing ResVax to protect infants from RSV disease via maternal immunization, which may offer the best method of protection from RSV disease in infants through the first months of life. ResVax has been evaluated in Prepare™, a global Phase 3 clinical trial in 4,636 pregnant women, at least 3,000 of whom received the vaccine, and their infants. Prepare is supported by an $89.1 million grant from the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation (BMGF).
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Veracyte (VCYT) Announces Data Showing Percepta Genomic Atlas Detects Gene Alterations Targeted in Lung Cancer Treatment, Using Diagnostic Biopsy
- JPMorgan Downgrades Novavax (NVAX) to Neutral
- Ultragenyx Pharma (RARE) Announces Positive Multi-Year Durability Data from Ongoing Phase 1/2 Gene Therapy Studies and Data on HeLa 3.0 Manufacturing Platform at ASGCT
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, FDA
Related EntitiesTwitter, Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation Trust
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!