Novavax (NVAX) Announces Receipt of Grant from Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation for RSV F Vaccine Phase 3
- Wall St extends recovery at end of volatile week
- Disney (DIS) Dips As Streaming Business Shows Signs of Slowing Down, Analysts 'Very Bullish' on LT Opportunity
- Airbnb (ABNB) Bookings Up 52% to Help Sales Beat, Seen as a 'Blow Out Quarter' as More Upside is Left
- DoorDash (DASH) Reports Bigger Loss and a Sales Beat, Shares Soars on Strong Guidance and Two Upgrades to 'Buy'
- Coinbase (COIN) To Add Dogecoin Trading in the Next Few Weeks
Novavax (NASDAQ: NVAX) announced it has been awarded a grant of up to $89 million from the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation to support development of the RSV F Vaccine Phase 3 clinical trial in pregnant women, planned to initiate during the first quarter of 2016. This grant will also support regulatory licensing efforts, providing a path to WHO prequalification. Upon licensure, Novavax has agreed to make the RSV F Vaccine affordable and accessible to people in the developing world.
“Respiratory syncytial virus (RSV) is the leading cause of pneumonia in infants, and currently there are no affordable approaches to protecting children in the developing world from this viral disease,” said Dr. Keith Klugman, Director of the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation’s Pneumonia Program. “Maternal immunization may provide protective antibodies to infants during the first few months of life, and we hope this vaccine will protect infants from this disease to help them live healthy, productive lives.”
“Along with today’s announcement of top-line data from the Phase 2 clinical trial of our RSV F Vaccine with the goal to protect infants via maternal immunization, we are very gratified to receive the support of the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation to improve the health of infants throughout the world,” said Stanley C. Erck, President and CEO. “Our groundbreaking Phase 2 results in both maternal and older adult target populations, underscore the promise of our RSV F Vaccine programs. We look forward to carrying our recent momentum into the fourth quarter as we prepare to initiate two pivotal Phase 3 trials of our RSV F Vaccine.”
A fact sheet on maternal immunization is available at the Novavax website, http://novavax.com/download/files/pipeline/151_Novavax_FactSheet_FIN_D_9x10.pdf
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Auris Medical Holding (EARS) Achieves Mid-Point Patient Enrollment in Part B of AM-125 Phase 2 TRAVERS Trial in Acute Peripheral Vertigo
- Regenxbio (RGNX) Presents Additional Positive Interim Data from Phase I/II Trial of RGX-121 for Treatment of MPS II at ASGCT
- Cisco Systems (CSCO) to Acquire Kenna Security
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, FDA, Management Comments
Related EntitiesBill & Melinda Gates Foundation Trust
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!