Novanta (NOVT) Tops Q4 EPS by 9c, Revenues Beat; Offers 1Q EPS Guidance Below Consensus, 1Q Revenues Guidance Above Consensus
- S&P 500 muted after strong inflation data
- U.S. Calls for Pause of J&J (JNJ) Vaccine After Clotting Cases, Including One Death
- Biggest SPAC Deal Ever: Grab To Go Public in a $40 Billion Merger With Altimeter (AGC), Backed by Fidelity and BlackRock
- Oil prices rise after robust China data, Middle East tension
- Bitcoin (BTC) Price Soars 5% to Fresh Record Highs Ahead of Coinbase IPO
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Novanta (NASDAQ: NOVT) reported Q4 EPS of $0.53, $0.09 better than the analyst estimate of $0.44. Revenue for the quarter came in at $147.5 million versus the consensus estimate of $147.05 million.
“We are very pleased with the company’s performance in 2020, despite the challenges caused by the COVID-19 pandemic,” said Matthijs Glastra, Chief Executive Officer of Novanta. “The fourth quarter played out as expected; revenue increased sequentially, and our customer orders were up 26% sequentially, giving us a 1.09 book-to-bill. We also expanded our Adjusted EBITDA Margins and once again had record cash flows. This performance gives us significant confidence as we enter the new year, and we are excited to continue to execute on our strategy as a company.”
Novanta sees Q1 2021 EPS of $0.35-$0.39, versus the consensus of $0.48. Novanta sees Q1 2021 revenue of $155-157 million, versus the consensus of $151.11 million.
- For the first quarter of 2021, the Company expects GAAP revenue of approximately $155 million to $157 million.
- The Company expects Adjusted EBITDA to be in the range of $27 million to $29 million and Adjusted Diluted EPS to be in the range of $0.35 to $0.39.
“We are encouraged by the increase in demand we are seeing across a number of applications, particularly in our advanced industrial markets. We expect to launch a record number of new products in 2021, double the number released in 2020, and we believe these will contribute to our growth trajectory this year,” said Matthijs Glastra.
For earnings history and earnings-related data on Novanta (NOVT) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: MIND Technology Inc. (MIND) Misses Q4 EPS by 22c, Revenues Miss
- Danaher (DHR) Provides Update On First Quarter 2021 Financial Performance
- Geron Corp (GERN) Reports First Patient Dosed in IMpactMF Phase 3 Clinical Trial in Refractory Myelofibrosis
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Earnings, Guidance, Hot Guidance, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!