Nova Measuring Instruments (NVMI) Tops Q4 EPS by 3c, Revenues Beat; Offers 1Q EPS/Revenue Guidance Above Consensus
- Earnings put floor under European stocks, COVID cases in Asia eyed
- Netflix (NFLX) Plunges Following Q1 Sub Miss, But One Analyst Sees Chance to Turn Bullish
- Oil prices drop as India's COVID-19 surge dents demand outlook
- Dollar struggles to recover after slump to 7-week trough amid lower U.S. yields
- Manchester United (MANU) Stock Falls as European Super League Collapses Amid Huge Fans Backlash
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 1-week free trial here.
Nova Measuring Instruments (NASDAQ: NVMI) reported Q4 EPS of $0.55, $0.03 better than the analyst estimate of $0.52. Revenue for the quarter came in at $76.3 million versus the consensus estimate of $69.9 million.
Fourth Quarter 2020 Highlights:
- Quarterly record revenue of $76.3 million, up 18% year-over-year
- GAAP net income of $13.7 million, or $0.47 per diluted share, up 9% year-over-year on a per-share basis
- Non-GAAP net income of $15.9 million, or $0.55 per diluted share, up 8% year-over-year on a per-share basis
- Initial revenues recognized from multiple customers for Nova ELIPSON™, a newly launched materials metrology solution
- Record quarterly materials metrology revenue, driven by expansion into leading Logic and Foundry customers
"Our robust fourth quarter financial results concluded a record year for Nova, demonstrating the company's growing agility and outstanding execution capabilities," commented Eitan Oppenhaim, President and Chief Executive Officer. "This was a firm conclusion to a well-performed year during which we continued to innovate and expand our differentiated portfolio to support our customers' new generation of devices. Our resilience amid the pandemic, led by our global teams, drove our strong performance throughout the year. With our new enhanced product offering and solid market position, we enter 2021 with substantial momentum to continue our growth across customers and territories."
Nova Measuring Instruments sees Q1 2021 EPS of $0.55-$0.66, versus the consensus of $0.52. Nova Measuring Instruments sees Q1 2021 revenue of $76-83 million, versus the consensus of $69.9 million.
Management provided an outlook for the first quarter, the period ending March 31, 2021. Based on current estimates, management expects:
- $76 million to $83 million in revenue
- $0.41 to $0.53 in diluted GAAP EPS
- $0.55 to $0.66 in diluted non-GAAP EPS
For earnings history and earnings-related data on Nova Measuring Instruments (NVMI) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: NextEra Energy (NEE) Tops Q1 EPS by 8c
- Rogers Communications (RCI) Reports Q1 EPS of Cdn$0.77 on Revenues of Cdn$3.49B
- Healthcare Services Group (HCSG) Tops Q1 EPS by 6c
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Earnings, Guidance, Hot Guidance, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!