Norwood Financial Corp (NWFL) Announces Stock Repurchase Program
- Wall Street ends week positively; S&P 500, Dow hit record highs
- Bitcoin (BTC) Drops 3% as Turkey Bans Cryptocurrency Payments Citing Lack of Regulatory Supervision
- Morgan Stanley (MS) Archegos-Related Loss Appears to be $911M
- Dollar at 4-week low on retreating Treasury yields
- J&J (JNJ) Privately Asked Rival Covid-19 Vaccine Makers to Inspect Clotting Risks, AstraZeneca (AZN) Said Yes but Pfizer (PFE) and Moderna (MRNA) Declined - Report
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Norwood Financial Corp (the “Company”) (NASDAQ Global Market NWFL) today announced the initiation of a stock repurchase program under which the Company may repurchase up to 5% of the Company’s outstanding shares of common stock, or approximately 400,000 shares, in the open market, in accordance with all applicable securities laws and regulations, including Rule 10b-18 of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, as amended. The extent to which the Company repurchases its shares, and the timing of such repurchases, will depend upon a variety of factors, including market conditions, regulatory requirements and other corporate considerations, as determined by management. The repurchase program may be suspended or discontinued at any time. Lewis J. Critelli, President and Chief Executive Officer of the Company, stated that, "we believe, at appropriate levels, the repurchase of shares of our common stock is a proper use of our capital. Our repurchase program could potentially enhance shareholder value in the Company by increasing return on equity and net income per share.” The Company expects to appoint Boenning & Scattergood, Inc. as its independent repurchasing agent to repurchase shares of its common stock on its behalf.
Norwood Financial Corp, through its subsidiary, Wayne Bank operates fourteen offices in Northeastern Pennsylvania and sixteen offices in Delaware, Sullivan, Ontario, Otsego and Yates Counties, New York. As of December 31, 2020, the Company had total assets of $1.852 billion, loans outstanding of $1.411 billion, total deposits of $1.535 billion and total stockholders’ equity of $194.8 million. The Company’s stock is traded on the Nasdaq Global Market under the symbol “NWFL”.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- HarborOne Bank (HONE) Announces Share Repurchase Program
- Greenbrier Cos. (GBX) Announces Pricing and Increased Size of Offering of Convertible Senior Notes
- Penns Woods Bancorp (PWOD) Announces 5% Buyback Plan
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Stock Buybacks
Related EntitiesBoenning & Scattergood, Stock Buyback
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!