Nordson Corp. (NDSN) Tops Q1 EPS by 26c, Revenues Beat; Offers FY21 EPS Mid-Point Guidance Above Consensus
- Wall Street ends week positively; S&P 500, Dow hit record highs
- Bitcoin (BTC) Drops 3% as Turkey Bans Cryptocurrency Payments Citing Lack of Regulatory Supervision
- Morgan Stanley (MS) Archegos-Related Loss Appears to be $911M
- Dollar at 4-week low on retreating Treasury yields
- J&J (JNJ) Privately Asked Rival Covid-19 Vaccine Makers to Inspect Clotting Risks, AstraZeneca (AZN) Said Yes but Pfizer (PFE) and Moderna (MRNA) Declined - Report
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Nordson Corp. (NASDAQ: NDSN) reported Q1 EPS of $1.32, $0.26 better than the analyst estimate of $1.06. Revenue for the quarter came in at $527 million versus the consensus estimate of $509.88 million.
- Sales were $527 million, a 6% increase over prior year
- Operating profit was $109 million, or 21% of sales, a 39% increase over prior year
- Earnings were $1.32 per diluted share, a 48% increase over prior year
“I am very pleased with the solid start to the year, particularly in our return to year-over-year organic sales growth and the significant profit margin expansion as strategic actions taken in fiscal year 2020 began delivering results. While this remains a dynamic macro-environment, we are encouraged by the order entry momentum we started to see within the quarter, particularly in product lines serving the medical and electronics end markets,” said Nordson President and Chief Executive Officer Sundaram Nagarajan. “I am very thankful for the energy and commitment of our employees, who continue to manage through the uncertainty of COVID-19 while also deploying our new NBS Next growth framework and making a strong Nordson even stronger.”
Nordson Corp. sees FY2021 EPS of $6.30-$6.70, versus the consensus of $6.47.
- Fiscal 2021 full year sales growth of 4% to 6% and full year diluted earnings per share in the range of $6.30 to $6.70
For earnings history and earnings-related data on Nordson Corp. (NDSN) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Bank of New York (BK) Tops Q1 EPS by 10c, Revenues Beat
- Citigroup (C) Tops Q1 EPS by $1.02
- Western Alliance Bancorporation (WAL) Tops Q1 EPS by 43c
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Earnings, Guidance, Hot Guidance, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!