Nike (NKE) Reports Retirement of Dr. John C. Lechleiter from Board
- Wall Street ends higher as investors bet on positive earnings season
- Netflix (NFLX) Q3, Q4 Subscriber Guidance Beats on 'Squid Game' Success
- Walmart (WMT) Added to Goldman's Conviction Buy List, Target (TGT) Removed
- SpaceX: If Elon Musk Were to Become the First Trillionaire, it Won't be Because of Tesla (TSLA)
- Johnson & Johnson (JNJ) Reports a Beat-and-Raise 3Q, Analyst Positive
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 1-week free trial here.
NIKE, Inc. (NYSE: NKE) today announced that Dr. John C. Lechleiter, a director of the Company since 2009 and former Chairman, President and Chief Executive Officer of Eli Lilly and Company, has decided to retire and will not stand for re-election to the Board of Directors of NIKE, Inc. (the “Company”) at the September 2019 Annual Meeting of Shareholders (the “Annual Meeting”). Dr. Lechleiter’s decision to retire was due to scheduling conflicts with other boards on which he presently serves.
Dr. Lechleiter will continue to serve as a NIKE, Inc. director until the 2019 Annual Meeting. He will be succeeded by Michelle Peluso, a director since 2014, as Chairperson of the Corporate Responsibility, Sustainability & Governance Committee of the Board.
“We’d like to thank John for his contributions as a valued and trusted advisor and steward since 2009. His insights as a business leader have been invaluable and we wish him well,” said Mark Parker, Chairman, President and CEO of NIKE, Inc. “We are also incredibly pleased that Michelle will succeed John as Chairperson of the Corporate Responsibility, Sustainability & Governance Committee. Her passion, commitment and leadership in the key strategic areas overseen by the Committee will help us build upon Nike’s leadership position.”
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Express (EXPR) Announces Departure of CFO Perry Pericleous and Appoints President & COO Matthew Moellering Interim CFO
- T2 Biosystems (TTOO) Appoints Laura Adams to Its Board
- Gain Therapeutics (GANX) Appoints Matthias Alder as Chief Operating Officer
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Changes, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!