Net 1 UEPS Technologies (UEPS) Reports Sale of KSNET for $237M
- Wall Street closes rollercoaster week sharply lower
- Invesco (IVZ) Reportedly in Talks to Merge With State Street's (STT) Asset Management Business, Citi Sees More Cons than Pros
- FDA Votes "No" on Pfizer (PFE) Booster for 16+ Age Group, 2 Yes 16 No
- Jefferies Raises Price Targets on Alphabet (GOOGL) and Facebook (FB) as They Are Still Inexpensive Relative to Growth, Reiterates Snap (SNAP) as a Best Growth Idea
- Tesla (TSLA) Could Deliver 900K EV Units This Year and 1.3M in 2022 - Wedbush
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 1-week free trial here.
Net 1 UEPS Technologies, Inc. (NASDAQ: UEPS) today announced that it has agreed to sell 100% of KSNET, Inc. (“KSNET”), a leading Republic of Korea (“South Korea”) payment processor, to Stonebridge Capital and Payletter for approximately $237 million. The transaction, which is not subject to a financing condition, is expected to close in March 2020.
“KSNET is a profitable and cash generative business, but operates autonomously and in a more developed economy with limited overlap with the group’s other activities. We also believe that the intrinsic value of KSNET was not appropriately reflected in Net1’s overall valuation. Therefore our Board commenced a strategic review of our various businesses and investments late last year, and ultimately decided to sell KSNET in order to focus more on our core strategy, boost liquidity and to maximize shareholder returns. We believe Stonebridge Capital and Payletter are the right strategic partners for KSNET, as they are committed to building further scale in the South Korean payments market,” said Herman Kotzé, CEO of Net1. “This transaction marks a significant milestone in our strategic plan, and allows management to further focus on its core strategy of providing fintech solutions for the underbanked in South Africa, Africa, Europe and other emerging economies as well as our new blockchain related products,” he concluded.
The Company will provide further details on its second quarter fiscal 2020 earnings call on February 7, 2020.
FT Partners acted as exclusive financial advisor to Net1 and Yulchon LLC served as legal counsel.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Chipotle Mexican Grill (CMG) Gets a New Street-High PT of $2,600 at Piper Sandler
- Relay & Fio Partner With Unisys Corp. (UIS) to Market a Combined Solution for COVID-19 and Biosecurity Market Needs
- Lincoln National (LNC) Announces Reinsurance Transaction With Resolution Life and Significant Capital Deployment
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Comments, Mergers and Acquisitions
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!