Net 1 UEPS Technologies (UEPS) Reports In-Line Q1 EPS, Revenues Beat
- S&P 500 closes at record high as Apple, healthcare stocks help shrug off Delta worries
- Tencent (TCEHY) Falls Sharply as State Media Describes Online Games as ‘Spiritual Opium’, Company Vows to Improve
- Oil settles lower in volatile trade on worries about Delta variant
- Clorox (CLX) Falls Sharply as COVID-19 Demand Wanes
- Dollar steadies as markets weigh economic risks, central bank moves
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Net 1 UEPS Technologies (NASDAQ: UEPS) reported Q1 EPS of ($0.02), in-line with the analyst estimate of ($0.02). Revenue for the quarter came in at $80.76 million versus the consensus estimate of $70.05 million.
Q1 2020 Highlights:
- Revenue of $80.8 million, GAAP EPS of $(0.08) and Fundamental EPS of $(0.02);
- Operating loss of $2.7 million and adjusted EBITDA of $2.8 million;
- South African operations remained stable and KSNET operating and EBITDA margin improved further versus Q4 2019;
- Exercised option to acquire an additional 35% of Bank Frick, which accelerates our ability to provide a vertically integrated fintech solution in Europe.
“During the first quarter we made meaningful progress towards the monetization of some of our assets, accomplished several objectives towards commercial launch of various new products internationally, and positioned our South African operations for growth as liquidity becomes available,” said Herman Kotzé, CEO. “In the near term we will continue to push forward on our multiple corporate actions to improve our liquidity, in turn allowing us to reduce liabilities, reinvest in our growth businesses, and return capital to shareholders.”
“Though our Q1 2020 results benefited from certain ad-hoc technology and telecom product sales, most of our key South African businesses remained stable or posted modest growth compared to Q4 2019, while KSNET showed tangible improvements in its profitability as a result of the transformational actions that we have implemented. Until we have clearer visibility on the quantum and timing of various liquidity events, we believe for fiscal 2020 it is prudent for us to reiterate our guidance of adjusted EBITDA of at least $16 million, using a constant currency base of ZAR 14.27/$1, driven by growth in South Korea and South Africa, and reduced losses from our IPG business,” said Alex Smith, CFO.
For earnings history and earnings-related data on Net 1 UEPS Technologies (UEPS) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: PS Business Parks (PSB) Tops Q2 EPS by 81c (CORRECTION)
- Hydrofarm (HYFM) Acquires Canada’s Greenstar Plant Products
- UPDATE: Activision Blizzard (ATVI) Tops Q2 EPS by 46c
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Earnings, Management Comments
Related EntitiesEarnings, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!