National Instruments (NATI) Tops Q4 EPS by 38c, Revenues Beat; Offers 1Q EPS/Revenue Guidance Above Consensus
- Tech stocks push S&P 500 to record close, buoy Nasdaq
- U.S. Calls for Pause of J&J (JNJ) Vaccine After Clotting Cases, Including One Death
- Coinbase (COIN) direct listing IPO reference price set at $250
- Biggest SPAC Deal Ever: Grab To Go Public in a $40 Billion Merger With Altimeter (AGC), Backed by Fidelity and BlackRock
- Oil rises after robust China data but J&J vaccine pause weighs
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 1-week free trial here.
National Instruments (NASDAQ: NATI) reported Q4 EPS of $0.51, $0.38 better than the analyst estimate of $0.13. Revenue for the quarter came in at $368 million versus the consensus estimate of $359.59 million.
Q4 2020 Highlights
- Revenue of $368 million
- Orders up 7 percent year over year
- Diluted GAAP EPS of $0.04
- Diluted non-GAAP EPS of $0.51
- Cash and short-term investments of $320 million as of Dec. 31, 2020
“This year was a stress test for our strategy and it proved resilient. We delivered a strong close to a challenging year with record quarterly revenue above the high end of guidance," said Eric Starkloff, NI president and CEO. "The areas where we have focused showed strength and momentum increased throughout the year with fourth quarter orders up sequentially across all regions and business units. I believe we enter 2021 in a position of strength and poised to accelerate growth and deliver increased value to all our stakeholders."
National Instruments sees Q1 2021 EPS of $0.24-$0.38, versus the consensus of $0.11. National Instruments sees Q1 2021 revenue of $324-354 million, versus the consensus of $316.97 million.
NI currently expects Q1 revenue to be in the range of $324 million to $354 million and Q1 non-GAAP revenue, which we define as GAAP revenue adjusted to exclude the impact of purchase accounting fair value adjustments (for Q4 2020 these adjustments related to our recently acquired OptimalPlus subsidiary), to be in the range of $325 million to $355 million. The company currently expects that GAAP diluted EPS will be in the range of $(0.05) to $0.09 for Q1, with non-GAAP diluted EPS expected to be in the range of $0.24 to $0.38. For 2021, NI estimates its non-GAAP effective tax rate to be approximately 17 percent to 18 percent.
For earnings history and earnings-related data on National Instruments (NATI) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- SAP SE (SAP) saw a sharp acceleration in new cloud business across its cloud portfolio
- TFF Pharmaceuticals Inc. (TFFP) Awarded Contract under DARPA’s Next-Generation Personalized Protective Biosystems Program for U.S. Warfighters
- SolarWinds (SWI) Reports Prelim. Q1 Results
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Earnings, Guidance, Hot Guidance, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!