Naked Brand Group (NAKD) Provides Business Update on Transformation to Pure-Play E-Commerce Platform
- Wall Street ends lower as investors await earnings, inflation data
- Microsoft (MSFT) announces $19.7 billion acquisition of Nuance (NUAN)
- Alibaba (BABA) Gets a Record $2.8 Billion Anti-Monopoly Fine, Shares Soar as a 'Major Overhang' is Lifted
- Tesla (TSLA) Upgraded to 'Buy' at Canaccord Genuity and PT Raised by 155%, as it 'Holds a Several-Year Lead' in EV While Storage Business Accelerates
- Dollar drops as traders prepare for inflation data
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 1-week free trial here.
- Balance Sheet Solidified with $270 Million of Cash and No Debt -
- Growth Capital Available to Fund the Development of Naked's Digital Transformation to Become an E-commerce Leader in the Intimate Apparel Market -
- Prominent Finance Leader Simon Tripp Joins Board of Directors, Bringing Significant Capital Markets and M&A Experience -
Naked Brand Group Limited (NASDAQ: NAKD) ("Naked" or the "Company"), a global leader in intimate apparel, has solidified its balance sheet with the completion of multiple strategic capital financings resulting in cash proceeds of $270 million and the elimination of all previous debt servicing obligations. The Company also regained compliance in late February under Nasdaq listing requirements and is in the final stages of receiving the necessary regulatory approval and preparing to seek shareholder approval for the previously announced divestiture of its brick-and-mortar operations.
Naked expects to complete the divestiture of its Bendon brick-and-mortar operations in the second calendar quarter of 2021, allowing the Company to focus exclusively on the planned rapid acceleration of its e-commerce business. In conjunction with the digital transformation, the Company will be able to leverage its brand and platform to build out proprietary technology to meet the needs of consumers in today's digital world.
"This additional capital will further transform our balance sheet, and now with over $270 million in cash and no debt we are strategically positioned to pursue accretive acquisitions of high growth and cash flow positive businesses," commented CEO Justin Davis-Rice. "Our strong balance sheet further solidifies the opportunity to be a conduit for industry consolidation as we seek to invest in next generation technology that will enable our customers to access and experience the best brands using world class technology solutions."
To complement this e-commerce transformation, as previously announced, Naked has realigned its leadership team with the re-appointment of Mr. Davis-Rice as CEO and appointment of Simon Tripp, a seasoned investment banker and M&A executive, to the Board of Directors in order to assist in building out the e-commerce platform. Mr. Tripp has over 30 years of diversified business, capital markets and investment banking experience, managing both public and private companies across various sectors.
"This is a very exciting time for e-commerce as the COVID-19 pandemic has brought forward a complete ‘digital first' environment across all brick-and-mortar consumer outlets," said Mr. Tripp. "The acquisition environment is rich with opportunity at attractive valuations and we have already begun working with Justin and his team to identify potential opportunities. Naked is focused on innovative technology offerings, including a best-in-class personalized shopping experience utilizing A.I. and other technologies that will uniquely position it as a disruptive player in online intimate apparel," continued Mr. Tripp.
As previously disclosed, Naked entered into letter of intent to sell the Bendon brick-and-mortar operations to a group controlled by Justin Davis-Rice, the Company's Executive Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, and Anna Johnson, Bendon's Chief Executive Officer. However, the parties have not entered into a definitive agreement and, accordingly, Naked cannot provide any assurance that the divestiture will be completed on the terms previously disclosed, or at all. The divestiture of the Bendon brick-and-mortar operations would include the Bendon, Bendon Man, Davenport, Fayreform, Hickory, Lovable and Pleasure State brands.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Ballantyne Strong's (BTN) GreenFirst To Acquire Forest and Paper Products Assets in Ontario and Quebec For $214 Million
- Amarin Corp. (AMRN) CEO John Thero to Retire, Karim Mikhail to Succeed
- Nicolet Bankshares (NCBS) To Acquire Mackinac Financial Corporation (MFNC)
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Comments
Related EntitiesDavenport, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!