NN, Inc. (NNBR) Tops Q4 EPS by 22c, Revenues Beat
- S&P 500, Dow climb for third day and close at records
- Tesla (TSLA) China Numbers 'Robust' - Wedbush
- Apple (AAPL) Shares Seen as 'Attractive' as Recent Checks Show Continuously Strong Demand - Citi
- Amazon.com warehouse workers vote to reject forming union in Alabama
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
NN, Inc. (NASDAQ: NNBR) reported Q4 EPS of $0.17, $0.22 better than the analyst estimate of ($0.05). Revenue for the quarter came in at $119 million versus the consensus estimate of $108.81 million.
- Net sales increased $8.3 million, or 7.5%, to $119.0 million, compared to $110.7 million for the fourth quarter of 2019, driven primarily by 11.8% growth in Mobile Solutions net sales and a 0.8% increase in Power Solutions net sales.
- GAAP operating loss was reduced by 90.4% to $1.0 million from an operating loss of $10.1 million in the fourth quarter of 2019, driven by higher sales volume, improved gross margin, and lower SG&A expenses.
- Net loss from continuing operations increased to $15.5 million from a loss from continuing operations of $9.9 million in the fourth quarter of 2019, due mainly to the discontinuation of hedge accounting related to an interest rate swap subsequent to the prepayment of debt, resulting in an unrealized loss of $14.8 million within the quarter.
- Net income on a GAAP basis for the fourth quarter of 2020 was $147.4 million, or $3.41 per diluted share, compared to net loss on a GAAP basis of $14.1 million, or ($0.35) per diluted share, in the fourth quarter of 2019. Net income for the fourth quarter of 2020 included the gain on sale of the Life Sciences business, which was included in results from discontinued operations.
- On an adjusted basis, net income for the fourth quarter was $7.0 million, or $0.17 per diluted share, compared to an adjusted net loss of $0.9 million, or ($0.02) per diluted share, for the same period in 2019. Adjusted EBITDA for the fourth quarter of 2020 was $16.8 million, or 14.2% of sales, versus $11.8 million, or 10.6% of sales, for the same period in 2019.
NN, Inc. President and CEO Warren Veltman said, "We made strong progress in the fourth quarter toward driving improved operating results, which was enabled in part by the continued recovery in customer demand across our end markets, as we saw sequential increases in activity from the pandemic-related lows in the second quarter. To finish the year, we posted both sequential and year-over-year growth in revenues and solid improvements in profitability on an adjusted basis, which highlight the strong potential of our business."
For earnings history and earnings-related data on NN, Inc. (NNBR) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- WD-40 Co. (WDFC) Misses Q2 EPS by 8c
- Regeneron (REGN) Announces NIH COVID-19 Treatment Guidelines Strongly Recommend Use of REGEN-COV in Outpatients at High Risk of Clinical Progression
- Constellation Brands (STZ) Tops Q4 EPS by 27c, Offer Outlook