MoviePass (HMNY) Says It Surpassed 2 Million Subscribers
- Wall Street drops on inflation jitters, led by tech stocks
- Tesla (TSLA) Sales in China 'Stagnated' in April, Wedbush Notes
- Roblox (RBLX) Gains as Sales Rise 140%, Analyst Raises PT on Strong Growth and Early China Launch
- Euro climbs on upbeat sentiment data; dollar struggles
- Tesla (TSLA) Halts Plans to Buy Land in Shanghai Amid Increased Tensions with China: Report
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Less than one month after announcing its milestone of 1.5 million subscribers, MoviePass™, the nation’s premier movie theater subscription service and a majority-owned subsidiary of Helios and Matheson Analytics Inc. (Nasdaq: HMNY) announced today that MoviePass™ has exceeded 2 Million Subscribers.
“MoviePass™ is attracting people back to the movie theaters by lowering their cost, which we believe is transformational for the industry,” said Ted Farnsworth, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of HMNY. “We believe the data MoviePass™ collects from these two million movie-goers will become an important asset to our partners and the future of the movie industry.”
MoviePass™, led by Mitch Lowe, its Chief Executive Officer, worked with HMNY to change the MoviePass™ monthly subscription fee to $9.95 in August 2017 resulting in the service’s recent national attention and success in attracting new paying subscribers.
“We’re giving people a reason to go back to the movie theaters and they’re going in droves. With awards season here, we hope we can make Hollywood and exhibitors very happy by filling seats with eager audiences,” said Mitch Lowe, Chief Executive Officer of MoviePass™. “Based on the dramatic increase in the number of MoviePass subscribers over such a short period of time, we believe MoviePass will continue to grow its subscriber base significantly,”
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- IMV Inc. (IMV) Announces Dr. Michael Kalos to Board
- Imara Inc. (IMRA) Tops Q1 EPS by 25c
- Playtika Holding (PLTK) Misses Q1 EPS by 6c, Revenues Beat; Raises FY21 Revenues Guidance Above Consensus
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Comments, Momentum Movers
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!