MoneyGram (MGI) Digital Business Continues Rapid Ascent with 30% of Company Transactions Now Digital
- Wall Street rebounds after two-day decline; Netflix slides
- Netflix (NFLX) Plunges Following Q1 Sub Miss, But One Analyst Sees Chance to Turn Bullish
- Oil prices drop 2% on U.S. crude build, COVID-19 surge in India
- Intuitive Surgical (ISRG) Q1 Beat Prompts Two Street Upgrades
- U.S. dollar losses bounce after Canada tips toward higher rates
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
MoneyGram International, Inc. (NASDAQ: MGI), a global leader in cross-border P2P payments and money transfers, today announced the Company delivered 137% year-over-year cross-border transaction growth for January in its direct-to-consumer digital business, MoneyGram Online (MGO), marking the thirteenth consecutive month of triple-digit year-over-year cross-border transaction growth in the channel. The Company's consumer-centric app helped drive MGO growth as app transactions increased 161% year-over-year in January. Additionally, the Company announced another important milestone on its digital transformation journey as digital transactions accounted for a record 30% of all money transfer transactions in January.
"We're pleased to report a strong start to the year, which demonstrates sustained momentum in consumer demand for our leading app and continued market share gains," said Alex Holmes, MoneyGram Chairman and Chief Executive Officer. "This has also brought our digital business to 30% of all money transfer transactions, resulting in a size and scale that has redefined MoneyGram's business."
The Company's strong January results come on the heels of strong fourth quarter and full-year 2020 financial results. Earlier this week, MoneyGram reported a record number of digital customers in the fourth quarter of last year and 152% year-over-year cross-border transaction growth in MGO for the full-year. These results continue to be led by record digital growth and successful expense control measures.
"As MoneyGram leads the evolution of digital cross-border P2P payments and money transfers, we continue to execute our strategy to deliver the industry's best customer experience," said Kamila Chytil, MoneyGram Chief Operating Officer. "Our January results are yet another example of how our customer-centric app is delivering industry leading returns on investment and driving strong customer lifetime value."
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Equifax (EFX) Tops Q1 EPS by 11c, Revenues Beat; Raises FY21 EPS/Revenue Guidance Above Consensus, Offers 2Q EPS/Revenue Views Above Consensus
- First Industrial Realty (FR) Tops Q1 EPS by 26c, Revenues Beat
- Qualtrics International (XM) Tops Q1 EPS by 4c, Revenues Beat; Offers 2Q & FY21 EPS/Revenue Guidance Above Consensus
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Guidance, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!